Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal) page 20

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry to hear that girl... Don't worry though - even if it was as bad as you think (which I doubt), at least you got the experience of the interview. That might prove invaluable in the future, when an even better opportunity comes along
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Hey: I just read the last few pages of your journal. I am sending best wishes over to you for a successful move!!

Ps. I suck at interviews too. :-/
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

diene is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, you guys!

Ugh, you have no idea how many of my job applications end in disaster at the interview stage. I'm actually a very good candidate, but I'm also an anti-social freak.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Are you perhaps introverted? That doesn't make you a freak, it's just that extroverts tend to run things and make the rest of us feel like weirdos .
    23 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    So I just had a phone interview for that fellowship that I'm applying for. And I think I did horribly. I just really suck at interviews.
    Maybe you did much better than you think. I hear you on the interviews. I'm the same way, cause I'm nervous

I'm definitely an introvert. I'm not usually that nervous on interviews, but I was really nervous yesterday because I really wanted that job. It was also a phone interview, and I was bombarded by questions from like 8 people.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I used to be a major introvert, but I massively overcame it over the years. I know it sounds stupid, but actually learning social skills is neglected in our world, and just taking time to learn a few things made a huge difference to my confidence, and the way I related to people. Brought me from being very socially anxious to being pretty lively. Confidence is only part of it though. Mood has a lot to do with it. I was 50:50 for a long time, now with the progesterone I'm more like 80:20!

Di, are you still hula-ing? I just found this video and it's given me some nice ideas for how to progress! Thought you might like it.

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Okay, so I guess that interview wasn't a complete bust cuz they invited me to an in-person interview. This actually creates some insanity in my life cuz the in-person interview is going to be at the end of the month, right when I'm moving to CA. Perfect timing? Not really cuz now I'm not going to know where I'm going to move to. I've been talking with some friends about getting a place together, and we were thinking about getting a place starting Oct. 1st. Now, I'm going to have to move that back to Nov. 1st, and, in the meantime, I have no idea where I'm going to live in October. I'm getting to CA during the last week of Sept. and staying with a friend for a week. But I can't really stay there for more than a week. I might be able to stay with some other friends or maybe just find a room on airbnb, I guess.

Well, it's better than not getting the job.

Hey YB - how did you over come your introvertedness? That's really not a word. Any tips? I'm super socially inept. It would be nice to fix it or at least improve on it.

Thanks for the video. It looks pretty cool. I'll have to watch it with the sound on when I get home and incorporate some of it into my routine!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Do they do month-to-month rentals out there?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Okay, so I guess that interview wasn't a complete bust cuz they invited me to an in-person interview.
    Do I get to say -- I told you so?

It's only three weeks, I'm sure you'll find a place.

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast