Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal) page 19

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey, nameless!! So I happen to have a box with 4 packets sitting around. The net weight is about 1 oz. This one I have cost like $2.88 or something, but the grocery store near my work is obscenely expensive! But, even if it's $2, 1 pound (16 ounces) would cost $32 so I guess the one-pound container for $20.99 is still cheaper.

But Amazon also has this: Knox Gelatin, Unflavored, 8-Ounce: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food It's an 8-ounce box with 32 packets. This is slightly cheaper than the one-pound container. Hmmm...weird.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in to say thanks for posting. I havent actually read your journal yet, or many of your posts, but I read this one

Just don't keep doing the same thing that doesn't work for months and months, reducing carbs more and more until you're eating like 15 g per day, and still can't lose weight. Yeah, that's what I did. You can save yourself some trouble by not making the same mistake
    Unfortunately, I did this very thing for a very long time. Trying to give it an honest effort blah blah blah.

Anyways, trying to get my groove back on, and it ain't easy...... Anyways......... glad to know there are others like me. I will have to do some reading and see what you have done about it

Melinda
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Hey, thanks, Melinda! I'm still trying to find a way of eating that works for me. My journal is a bit of a mess. I was doing JUDDD for the most part, and it didn't really work for me. I just recently started a low fat, moderate carb (150-200 g), high protein diet. So far so good, but it's only been 2 days!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    You've been quiet in your journal this week How goes the moving preparations?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I know! I've been slacking. Guess I just need a break from recording everything.

I've reserved the pod or whatever the moving container is called from Door to Door. They're dropping it off on September 19th, and then I'll have a few days to move all my stuff into the container. They pick it up the following Monday.

I ordered 6 Sterilite plastic storage boxes from Amazon, and it arrived yesterday. But I haven't started packing yet.

I'm starting to feel good about moving though. I'm looking forward to packing and getting rid of some stuff. I'm going to donate some clothes, I think.

In the meantime, I'm applying for a fellowship that I really REALLY want. If I get it, I'll move to Sacramento instead of the Bay Area. Sacramento pretty much sucks, but it'll be close enough to the Bay that I could visit most weekends. The fellowship would be awesome because it'll be really interesting work. There's only one spot though, and I have no idea how fierce the competition is. So fingers crossed, and we'll see!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hey, thanks, Melinda! I'm still trying to find a way of eating that works for me. My journal is a bit of a mess. I was doing JUDDD for the most part, and it didn't really work for me. I just recently started a low fat, moderate carb (150-200 g), high protein diet. So far so good, but it's only been 2 days!
    I am doing the same, which is how I started out, even higher carbs actually, and lost my first 60lbs in no time. I have really been struggling ever since PB in March of 2012 uggghhh, though I do feel good.

I went to the doctor today for a full panel thyroid. Hope to know something by tomorrow.

Anyways, best of luck!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I've reserved the pod or whatever the moving container is called from Door to Door. They're dropping it off on September 19th, and then I'll have a few days to move all my stuff into the container. They pick it up the following Monday.

I ordered 6 Sterilite plastic storage boxes from Amazon, and it arrived yesterday. But I haven't started packing yet.

I'm starting to feel good about moving though. I'm looking forward to packing and getting rid of some stuff. I'm going to donate some clothes, I think.

In the meantime, I'm applying for a fellowship that I really REALLY want. If I get it, I'll move to Sacramento instead of the Bay Area. Sacramento pretty much sucks, but it'll be close enough to the Bay that I could visit most weekends. The fellowship would be awesome because it'll be really interesting work. There's only one spot though, and I have no idea how fierce the competition is. So fingers crossed, and we'll see!
    Hi Di, looks like you are making headway. That's great! Keeping my fingers crossed the transition all goes smoothly for you <3

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Di, it sounds you're feeling really positive - go you
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I am doing the same, which is how I started out, even higher carbs actually, and lost my first 60lbs in no time. I have really been struggling ever since PB in March of 2012 uggghhh, though I do feel good.

I went to the doctor today for a full panel thyroid. Hope to know something by tomorrow.

Anyways, best of luck!
    So far, I've found that I feel more satisfied on a caloric restriction diet when eating relatively low fat with higher carb and protein compared to back when I was restricting calories to the same level but eating a low carb high fat diet.

Who would have thought that a 130-calorie potato is more satisfying than an isocaloric tablespoon of coconut oil!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Hi Di, looks like you are making headway. That's great! Keeping my fingers crossed the transition all goes smoothly for you <3
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Di, it sounds you're feeling really positive - go you
    Aw, thanks, you guys! I am feeling more positive! And, hopefully, that means things will change for the better.

So I just had a phone interview for that fellowship that I'm applying for. And I think I did horribly. I just really suck at interviews.

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast