Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal) page 11

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Re. American Wasteland,

yeah a typical landscape of the rural South. Though, (as Yoga pointed out) it exists everywhere in the world, in one shape or another....

Di, whatever you go, just don't go to the Waffle House.....

diene is offline Senior Member
    I guess my mental image of a rural area is one that just has farms and ranches. But I guess that only exists in some places. (Or maybe only in my head?)

Gray - we almost went to the Waffle House. But we didn't. We went to IHOP instead, which I'm sure is just as bad as Waffle House, if not worse.

7/29/13

2 hamburger patties + cheese + bacon + lettuce, tomato, pickles
    a few french fries (was full so instead of eating all the fries just cuz they're there, I threw them away like a good girl)
    peanut butter fudge ice cream (OMG, PUFAS! Don't worry, there was hardly any peanut butter in there--it was mostly just chocolate ice cream, and it was the good stuff--organic, hormone-free, HFCS-free, etc.)

In an effort to eat more of a Peatarian diet, I bought a whole carton of organic 1% milk. Even though I hate milk, I was struck with a craving for chocolate milk while at the store. Couldn't buy the chocolate milk cuz it was full o' crap so I bought regular milk and unsweetened cocoa.

I dissolved a couple spoonfuls of cocoa, cinnamon, and 1 packet of gelatin in some hot water. Then I added a bunch of cold milk. I hate hot milk so there's no way that I could heat up the milk and dissolve the stuff in it. Anyway, it worked, and I drank it. Then I ate the rest of the container of cottage cheese that I was eating on Thursday. I also had 2 nectarines.

Now I feel kinda sick. Yeah, I don't think my stomach liked the milk very much. Definitely not hungry though. Now I can see how y'all can survive on milk, gelatin, and fruit.

1 peach
    a couple rice + caraway seed crackers
    a couple of olives
    a few pieces of duck without skin
    1/2 cup rice with some beef broth
    bit of apple cinnamon tea jello with stevia
    1 Lindt chocolate truffle

Update on the Cynomel. I've been taking bits of it for the past three days but haven't been super consistent since I was visiting my friend and hanging out and stuff. But it's definitely helping with my BMs. Yup. The only supplements I brought with me to NC were D3 and selenium so I was without my probiotics, ACV, and magnesium for three days. I thought I'd definitely stop having BMs at some point, but I didn't. Pretty sure it's the Cynomel.
    Last edited by diene; 07-31-2013 at 07:18 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I avoid milk as much as possible, personally...

Maybe it's the combo of everything... but I'm convinced that the gelatine is the appetite suppressant in all this!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yeah, I bought the milk in a moment of madness. But now I have a whole carton so I guess I'm going to drink it and see what happens.

7/30/13

Food
    Mercola's Miracle Whey protein powder with 8 ounces of coconut milk
    1 packet gelatin, 3 spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa, and cinnamon dissolved in some hot water + ~16 oz 1% milk
    1 cup coffee
    a lot of turkey breast + rice -- I was hungry. I'm sure that turkey is a big Ray Peat no no cuz of the high tryptophan content. But I wanted turkey, and it was good.
    1 banana
    4 glasses of red wine
    figs + prosciutto + some kind of cheese
    small amount of potato chips in olive oil
    more cheese
    1 Lindt chocolate truffle
    one bite of gluten-free chocolate chip cookie
    lots of apple cinnamon tea jello

Cynomel
    11 AM: 1-2 mcg
    12:07 PM: 1-2 mcg
    1:13 PM: 1-2 mcg
    2:30 PM: 1-2 mcg

So last night in the shower, I discovered another (small) zit on my inner thigh. I think they're just zits and not HS because, one of the three that I got a while ago came to a head (first time these things ever came to a head), and I popped it. I knew that it would be a bad idea to pop it if it was actually HS, but I couldn't help myself. If it was HS, the pus should have smelled bad. But it didn't smell like anything, and it just looked like a regular zit. So I'm hopeful that these things are just zits and not some scary, untreatable autoimmune disease.

Anyway, the zit. Could it be caused by the milk? Possibly. But my wheat-induced acne don't usually show up that quickly. It takes a few days after eating large amounts of wheat (small amounts don't do anything) before the zits show up. Plus, I don't see why milk would cause zits while ice cream doesn't. I eat ice cream all the time...
    Last edited by diene; 07-31-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Me and the Bat talked about this in her journal. Ice cream is one of the easiest foods to digest, so it could be to do with that?

Also, thanks again for linking that research about the derma rollers! I realised that the one I'd ordered was the one expressly described as the worst kind!! Lukcily I managed to cancel. Is there a reason you went for the 1.5 blades? I was just gonna go for .5...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I don't know--I mean, if I'm allergic to dairy and that's why it's causing me to break out, then it shouldn't matter if it's easy to digest or not, you know? I can see yogurt and cheese being somehow different because they've been fermented, but ice cream is just like frozen milk/cream with sugar in it. Too much ice cream sometimes makes me sick, and it sorta gives me heartburn sometimes. So not sure if I digest it well.

The derma rollers--I got the 1.5 mm kind because the description said that it was for acne scars, wrinkles, etc. The 2 mm kind is for deep acne scars and wrinkles. I don't think my acne scars are deep, and in any case, they don't recommend the 2 mm kind for beginners. The 1 mm kind is for shallow wrinkles. The 0.5 mm kind is, apparently, just for improving absorption of skin products. So you probably shouldn't get the 0.5 mm one if you're going to use it for wrinkles. Maybe the 1 mm? You can read the descriptions here: Owndoc Dermarollers - OwnDoc webshop

Yeah, maybe I'll go for 1mm... or 1.5mm! You can't use them as frequently as the .5mm though I think.

This will be a cool N=1 if we're trying it at the same time!

I wish I could help you about the dairy. Why don't you post on the RP forum to get opinions?

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, you can't use them as frequently. You can only use the 1.5 mm ones once every 3 weeks. I hope they work.

Maybe I'll post on the RP forum. But I'm thinking that the breakout may not have anything to do with dairy. Maybe my dairy allergy is all in my head?

You know what else is weird? That unsweetened chocolate milk + gelatin totally kills my craving for sweets. I think I caused myself to become obsessed with sweets when I went low carb and then VLC cuz I denied it to myself so much. I never used to be that into sweets. I've always been a protein + starch kinda girl. But with the milk + gelatin, my cravings are returning to normal.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast