Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Thinking I need to add calories, but what kind? page 3

  1. #21
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    What's the mechanism for that?
    As far as I was aware carb intake only had a positive pressure effect on blood sugar control, hence the Insulin spike to bring it down and by reducing carbs only reduced the size of the spike closer to baseline as determined by ones body.

    I was not aware that a non carb intake caused instant Hypoglcemia, causing insulin levels to plummet.
    The protein in egg whites is very unstable, it's known to cause hypoglycemia, and the flavonoids in dark chocolate cause a sharp decline in blood sugar as well. It's not the carbs, per se, it's those two foods in particular.

    Use google scholar if you want to learn more
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  2. #22
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That is why I suggested real eggs, whole food as opposed to isolated protein. And I never said sugar free chocolate had carbs. You just ignore the squash, coconut and berries and dub all her carbs "shitty". She asked for help, not abuse.

    Somebody's being pouty today.
    I saw 30-40 carbs, and no real source of sugar, that's all.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  3. #23
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,640
    Actually if you wanna add carbs add a 28oz can of crushed tomato's to that ground beef and veggie scramble. I make this sometimes. I make it just like marinara and cover the whole mess with it. Thats like 50+g of carbs added right there.

  4. #24
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Neither egg whites(0 carbs) nor 100% dark chocolate have carbs lol unless you count indigestible fiber as carbs which is why both drop your blood sugar like a brick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    The protein in egg whites is very unstable, it's known to cause hypoglycemia, and the flavonoids in dark chocolate cause a sharp decline in blood sugar as well. It's not the carbs, per se, it's those two foods in particular.
    Can't quite seem to get your story straight there, Derp.

  5. #25
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Can't quite seem to get your story straight there, Derp.
    My English is sloppy and lazy since I don't give a singular fuck, sorry, didn't feel like explaining something simple the first time around. It's well documented, I thought, that both of those foods have an inverse relationship with blood sugar.

    Anyway, stop bothering me, you're distracting me from finishing the last episode of Hemlock Grove
    Last edited by Derpamix; 04-30-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  6. #26
    Omni's Avatar
    Omni is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    The protein in egg whites is very unstable, it's known to cause hypoglycemia, and the flavonoids in dark chocolate cause a sharp decline in blood sugar as well. It's not the carbs, per se, it's those two foods in particular.

    Use google scholar if you want to learn more
    Just a cursory glance around the net indicates, those in the know, Hypoglycemics, promote the use of Egg whites and dark chocolate as an aid to manage their conditions.
    One would have to assume they are just as informed about their issues as individuals here, both just being internet forums.

  7. #27
    PrimalStudent's Avatar
    PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    266
    I guess I should've known people would argue about the fat vs. carbs issue, so I guess I'll have to decide that for myself. Should I assume, thought, that I shouldn't go too much higher on protein?

  8. #28
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Just a cursory glance around the net indicates, those in the know, Hypoglycemics, promote the use of Egg whites and dark chocolate as an aid to manage their conditions.
    One would have to assume they are just as informed about their issues as individuals here, both just being internet forums.
    So, you assume something that cannot possibly raise blood sugar in any way somehow regulates blood sugar in hypoglycemics? Good to know you can't google very well
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  9. #29
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    I guess I should've known people would argue about the fat vs. carbs issue, so I guess I'll have to decide that for myself. Should I assume, thought, that I shouldn't go too much higher on protein?
    Let's just have our own conversation over here, then... How are you feeling, other than the hunger? Energy, mood, cycle, skin, etc.?

  10. #30
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    So, you assume something that cannot possibly raise blood sugar in any way somehow regulates blood sugar in hypoglycemics? Good to know you can't google very well
    Derp, hypoglycemic people like egg whites and dark chocolate because these do not spike one's blood sugar much, thereby helping them to stay on an even keel.
    Something does not spike blood sugar=/=something causes blood sugar crashes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Let's just have our own conversation over here, then... How are you feeling, other than the hunger? Energy, mood, cycle, skin, etc.?
    No, let's just forget about her entirely and have our petty little fights. Again.

    But srsly, to the OP, I do think you probably do need more food in general. The macro stuff is fine tuning.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •