I have moved from my house to a rented condo so I had to leave my built in pull up bar behind. Now I'm in a place where my primary concern is getting one that doesn't wreck the paint around the doorframe. (I obviously can't attach anything to the structure so I'm left with the portable type.)

A bit of Googling and Amazon hunting shows that there are bunches of them out there. Some swear in the advert that they won't scratch the walls and then customer feedback says that they do.

So who should I believe? My fellow Groks, of course.

Doesn't have to be fancy, just functional and non-damaging to doorways.