Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pull Up Bar Recommendations Please page 2

david.arellano.trainer is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey there,
    I bought a gofit pullup bar it has the option to do chinups, close grip pullups and much more. As for the scratching of paint I just cut an old pair of socks and put them on the supports and no scratches to the paint. Hope this was helpful.

Sent from my HTC One V using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I thought my buddy had a pullup bar with big flat pads that fit against the doorframe instead of just padded bars. The flat part was about as wide as my hand in one direction, and a little narrower in the other. I'm not sure if it damages the doorframes less or not, but logically, it should.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I also have the bog standard iron gym one. It has put a couple of dents in my frame and the padding has started to split also. I think you do have to tweak them with extra material. I would if I cared :-) My place needs a woman s touch. ;-)

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Whatever you do, don't get one like this. The outward pressure can cause less-than-rock-solid door frames to crack in the upper corners. I know this from bitter experience.

If you can afford the $, this freestanding kind (which I think is like what Mark uses in his instructional videos) is supposedly pretty good, and can be easily disassembled and packed away in a bag. I've always coveted one, but it's far too exxy to ship to AU.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if this is helpful and I'm sure you may have already thought of it. I looked for a bar that would work sometime ago and finally just decided to run over to the local park and do my pullups on the bars in the play area at the park.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Not sure if this is helpful and I'm sure you may have already thought of it. I looked for a bar that would work sometime ago and finally just decided to run over to the local park and do my pullups on the bars in the play area at the park.
    A couple of decades ago those went out of style around here. New parks have been made with a combination of plastic modules and pressure-treated wood 4x4s. I haven't actually seen a playground around here with that kind of real exercise equipment in 20 years.

My yard is really small, but I'd be tempted to install parallel bars in the backyard if I didn't have a garden.

Geeknik is offline Member
    In a pinch you could place a really thick & sturdy broomstick on the seats of two chairs and lie on the floor between the 2 chairs, underneath the stick and just pull yourself upfrom a laying down position. I'm sure it isn't as effective as pullups from a standing position but it's cost free and better than nothing.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    A couple of decades ago those went out of style around here. New parks have been made with a combination of plastic modules and pressure-treated wood 4x4s. I haven't actually seen a playground around here with that kind of real exercise equipment in 20 years.

My yard is really small, but I'd be tempted to install parallel bars in the backyard if I didn't have a garden.
    Ha Ha...Yes we are still living in the 60s here in Sebastopol. Hippy capital of California!

REMSP10 is offline Junior Member
    Amazon.com: Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar - Extreme Edition: Sports & Outdoors

This is the one I bought...so far so good on the trim in my house. Been using it for about 3 months. Make sure to measure you door openings to make sure they will hook and fit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast