Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unexpected weight gain page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal-Kate View Post
    That's great to know, thank you. Can I ask, what are night shades? Thanks
    Dr. Ede has some good information about them. Not everyone has a problem with them. (They don't bother me at all.)

How Deadly Are Nightshades? Diagnosis: Diet

Primal-Kate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Dr. Ede has some good information about them. Not everyone has a problem with them. (They don't bother me at all.)

How Deadly Are Nightshades? Diagnosis: Diet

Thank you, I'll watch out for these.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I'd also recommend some patience - you've only been eating this way for 8-9 days. It's going to take a while for your body to sort its self out.

Nonni is offline Junior Member
    Zanna, I appreciate the comment about patience! I've been eating primal - about 99% - for 10 days now and haven't lost an ounce. I'm using My Fitness Pal to track everything and while I do struggle a bit with meeting the fat requirement, I've been pretty close to my carb and protein range every day. But I haven't lost an ounce. Not one. I actually think my body is in shock a bit. This is SO different from the way I usually eat that I don't think my body knows what to do yet!!

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    21 days is what Mark recommends, hence his 21 day transformation guide, it takes at least that long for the body to adjust to a predominantly different fuel supply.

If I were to ask you to run a marathon (not that I would, anymore!!) I wouldn't expect you to be able to do it in a matter of days if you hadn't been training for it. Same goes with your body's metabolism, it needs time and repeated practice!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

PaulCMountain is offline Junior Member
    Regarding weighing in daily... There's a useful app, name slips my mind, that you punch in your daily weight, and it tells you your average from the previous 7 days. A much more accurate way to play, as it filters out those daily ups and downs.

Primal-Kate is offline Junior Member
    Excellent thank you Paul, I'll look it up if I can. Unless anyone out there knows it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12