Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for those STRUGGLING to stay on track page

tomi is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Whole30 for those STRUGGLING to stay on track

I need some partners in a Whole30 for May. I've been doing this for 18 months but need to do a month of good solid CLEAN primal/paleo.

Anyone else struggling and want to challenge yourself for a month of discipline?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    As you know, I'm on board. Started on Monday. Will be hard to assess my changes/detox symptoms, etc right now though as I'm battling allergies and feel very tired, lethargic and just straight up blah. Hoping whatever organism is causing them finishes its pollen cycle soon so I can get back to feeling better again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

sorry you're feeling crappy. I'm sure a little carb flu is going to mess with things too. I'm starting today.

Breakfast - 5 slices of thick bacon, one farm fresh egg.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

2 eggs, 3 slices bacon
    salmon filet, shrimp sauted in clarified KG with steamed cabbage and carrots
    2 servings almonds - to fight the sugar cravings
    burgers and sweet potato on plan for dinner.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting on May 1st. Ive only been Primal for 4 months so this is a big leap!

Hoping to also limit Nightshades as I have RA that's been in remission for over 10 years. I'm also intolerant (blood tested) of eggs, beef and oranges. I feel like my food options are really dwindling if I get rid of those foods groups as well as grains, sugar, dairy etc.

I've never had a cup of black coffee. I'm giving it a try in the morning but if that doesn't work, me and Earl Grey will be getting real cozy for 30 days.

Thanks for starting this post!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If Steak and Eggs is Whole 30 (which, I'm pretty sure it qualifies!) then I just so happen to be in, incidentally. We can do it!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

calee is offline Senior Member
    Black coffee. Not as bad as expected. Was excited last night about Whole30. Only slept 4 hours. Tired start to the day. Walking to work should wake me up.

Have a fun day everyone!

even with no beef there are still lots of protein choices available. Chicken, turkey, fish and seafood of all sorts! Pork chops, BACON!!, ham, sausage. what about game meats? Then, if you're brave - there are organ meats. (ick) I wonder if beef tongue would be okay - its beef, but its not red meat. I've always wondered why they don't "farm" Elk or Deer? Probably too difficult to pasture since they can leap about any fence you put up. Then again - unless they were grass fed only the meat wouldn't be any better than grain fed beef.

You might try eating the yolk alone - or the whites alone. I've read some people are more sensitive to one than the other. Nothing wrong with separating out and giving the part you can't eat to the dog. Or the neighbors dog if you don't have your own. I find I have less tummy troubles if I don't eat the white. So, my dog gets the white on his evening meal.

I can't do acidic fruit either. No oranges or apples. Even most melons will make me feel bad. Grapes seem to be ok. Basically I just don't eat fruit - who needs all that added sugar (fructose, but still).

I'm day 3 of Whole30. So far so good. I'm forced to ignore my husbands poor eating habits. An exercise in discipline!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So -- what are you goals for doing a Whole30 right now?

learning self-discipline? weight loss? straightening out a gut issue?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Self discipline for sure!!

Calee, there has been research that shows leaky gut causes food allergies and healing the gut eliminates the allergies. Diane Sanfillipo talks about this in Practical Paleo. A whole30, which is said to assist in healing leaky gut (which Dallas and Melissa Hartwig both talk about in their book It Starts with Food) might be just what you need to be able to eat those foods again.

But I second what Tomi said. Might it be that you're only intolerant to one part of the egg? Being allergic to eggs has got to be difficult and would make me very sad. They're a perfect food.

Also, Calee, have you tried coconut oil in your coffee? I've read that people will put CO in their coffee, whip it up with a stick blender, and it tastes like a latte. I've never personally tried it b/c I don't like coffee.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast