Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Whole30 for those STRUGGLING to stay on track page 8

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know the idea behind Whole30 is to gain control and to learn what foods cause our bodies and brains to perform at less than optimum. But I'm still hoping for weight loss during this month of strict eating.

I stepped on the scale this morning and so far no weight loss for me. I'm still sitting at the mid 180's. I was hoping to see a small drop - but nope. Since I don't have my laptop - I don't have my spread sheets to keep track of what I'm eating so - the last few days are a mystery. I know I'm not supposed to be tracking anything right now - but its tough when I've been doing it for so long. Its odd to not weight, measure and enter it all in at every meal or snack.

Okay........... on with my day. My life doesn't revolve around the amount of force I impose on the earth surface due to gravity! But in my mind - it often revolves arounds the girth of my BUTT! I HATE my butt!

So I'm thinking................ why is it we read these incredibly frustrating success stories that start with "I just can't believe how easily the weight came off - I really didn't even try!" I want to shove my fist through the computer and right down their skinny ass little throats!!! Are they serious? Obviously they didn't have an emotional connection to food in any way, shape or form! I've been at this for a FULL 18 months now --- and I've lost a grand total of 21 pounds. I hate those people who say its so freakin easy!!!! Okay........ in all truth and honesty, I think 99% of them are under 25, have no kids and have a spouse who is on board and doing all the same things. They don't have food in the house that is screaming to them to "come devour me"! and they don't have a spouse or partner leading them astray at every turn. In the perfect environment I can see that this would be absolutely a breeze - and I'm sure I'd be sitting at a comfortable 140 pounds right now given the right environment. So - I have to stop comparing myself to those twenty-something's and realize that my world is different. I have AGE fighting against me - I have a slow metabolism fighting against me - I have a husband fighting against me - I have food issues fighting against me.

This is FREAKIN HARD!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Don't beat yourself up.

When I did a "free eating" plan for a few weeks a few months ago, I considered it a success that I had only gained 2 pounds. Some of us will need to find the level of control we need to stay on track.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there Tomi! I think you're doing great and will find what works for you. You said you have noticed changes already with the Barre-3 exercises. Give them more time. Things will continue to change and you'll find a happy place for your body.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

calee is offline Senior Member
    Patience can be so tough. It's something I suffer from. I'm loving this strict Whole30. I hope I eventually shed a few pounds in the next 20 days. If not, I will certainly have a good understanding of what maintenance looks like.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I've been off for days now. I haven't been this bad since before starting primal 18 months ago. My cheat - ice cream - thats all - but way too much of it!

Not sure I'll ever try another whole30 - it seems to do bad things to me on the psychological level. Its like I'm feeling so extremely deprived that I end up stuffing my face with the only non-primal food that I crave. (ice cream)

I'm bowing out - and if I ever decided to try this again --- give me good tongue lashing and remind me of this major fail!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I'm sorry this triggered your eating Tomi. Maybe the topic says it all: for those struggling. So perhaps the wrong time for this endeavor for you.

Day 11: I'm going gangbusters with the food plan. Finding it quite easy actually. Maybe I've let go of my trigger foods in this eating. That said, mid afternoon, I'm mentally craving that 1 square of dark chocolate that had become somewhat of a habit in the office. Though there is a bar of dark organic chocolate in my desk drawer I haven't wanted to wreck this cleanse.

My sleep has not improved. That's what I hope to accomplish with this Whole30 but it my become WholeWhatever before its done.

Off for a hike in the woods this morning to clear my tired body of the cobwebs.

Calee, it might be that day 11 is too early for your sleep to be improved... maybe it'll hit on day 15 or so. I hope it doesn't take long for your sleep to improve. Is it an external factor that keeps you awake, or is it just you? For me, I have external factors that ruin my sleep - roaming dog, wandering 3 year old, snoring husband. If not for all of them, I could sleep like a rock every night.

Day 15 for me. I'm freezing so I'm drinking some tea. It's only 40 some degrees outside and they have the AC on at work so it's super duper cold in here today. Of course, not expecting it to be cold, I wore capris and flip flops with a short sleeve shirt, and no coat... brrrrrrr. frozen straight through!

Yesterday we went to a Mother's Day Brunch buffet. I did as well as I possibly could. I had roasted turkey, roasted pork loin, a vegetable medley that included carrots, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli and squash. It was good. Loaded up on the fresh fruit too. It is quite possible that there were offending ingredients, but if there were, I was not aware of them. I really wanted some of the hashbrown casserole, but it's only 30 days... I can have it when I'm done if I'm still craving it. Most likely, I won't still be craving it, which is what usually happens.

At one point, the waitress refilled my iced tea with sweet tea. One sip and I was grossed out. Sent it back for an unsweetened. Blech! I hate sweet tea!!

I had a very short momentary desire for some of the grainy foods they had available - cakes, pastries, etc, but it passed. The fruit was amazingly delicious so I satisfied my sweet tooth. I didn't need dinner, and had a snack of grapes with some almonds before bed instead.

I'm eager to see what my weight is. I feel like I've lost weight, and I know I should wait til the end of my whole30 (which is actually going to be 37 days) but I'm afraid that if I wait, I'll be disappointed, triggering a fukitol attitude. I think I might weigh tomorrow morning (if I remember) b/c I have a number in my head where my body might be, but the other part of me says that's impossible, so I think I should weigh now, get an idea where I'm at so that I don't overestimate my weight loss at the end. That'll be bad if I have a number in my head (currently expecting 170's for the end of this thing) and it doesn't happen. Best to find out now, and adjust that number in my head. I'd LIKE to hit 170's, but I'm not holding my breath for it. So, despite the rules, I am going to weigh tomorrow (or some point) when I remember.

I know in the end, weight loss doesn't matter and it's about detoxing and resetting, and I did this as a reset to get a grip on my eating habits again, but I'm still curious about that weight. I've always had great luck on a whole30 (which I think is why I don't mind the restrictions) and I'm hoping for similar luck this time as well.

Jenn, you did awesome on mothers day! Good job traversing all those options. You're right, just 30 short days nd you can have whatever you want.

I'm on day 14 today. I think it will take awhile to heal my sleep. I may need to do another WholeWhatever when this ends on the 30th. I love how I feel and think I could keep this going. I would like to slowly add back beef, eggs, oranges and nightshades, one at a time to see how I feel.

I get it about the weight. I put on 5 pounds when I took a dek job last fall. If those left me I'd be thrilled. Anything additional would be oyrtageously great!

I'm down 9 lbs... back to my lowest primal weight of 183. I couldn't be happier! I'm very excited to see what the next 21 days bring by way of weight loss as I am extending my Whole30 to last 37 days (to finish out with my sister who started 7 days later than me). Maybe 179???

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm down 9 lbs... back to my lowest primal weight of 183. I couldn't be happier! I'm very excited to see what the next 21 days bring by way of weight loss as I am extending my Whole30 to last 37 days (to finish out with my sister who started 7 days later than me). Maybe 179???
    Awesome awesome and then more awesome! You're doing great!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678