Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for those STRUGGLING to stay on track page 7

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm good with basic meals - its the extras that are difficult cuz hubby really likes things with creams and dips and sauces. I was shocked last night when he ate his burger patty without any sauce! Purhaps I need to order the Sauces book.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I was just going to recommend that! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    I forgot about a board meeting that I had today with lunch served. I ended up being compliant but felt a little weird about picking my sandwich apart and eating the fillings. No one really cares, though, right? I just felt self conscious

Last night I stayed up late to watch TV (lame, I know) and so got hungry around 10 p.m. I had an apple and almond butter, so better than normal. Cheese would have definitely hit the spot but I'm still excited to be doing this so I didn't really resent the choice.

Tonight is a taco soup I put in the crockpot. Should be easy. Though grilling chicken thighs sounds good, too. I discovered the PB back in 2009 and it's fun to see just how far my family has come since then. Nobody's perfect, but in this amount of time we've made some extreme changes. Even with all of that, I'm a little surprised by how many times each day I am confronted with a choice to be compliant or not.

Unfortunately, I think we'll always be faced with the challenge of remaining primal every day for as long as we live. And I would venture a guess that if we could come back generations down the road, it'll be even worse.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think we'll always be faced with the challenge of remaining primal every day for as long as we live. And I would venture a guess that if we could come back generations down the road, it'll be even worse.
    It gets easier, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It gets easier, honestly.
    Oh, I know it does. I find it to be pretty easy already, honestly. I just think we'll always be faced with that decision - even after years of primal, we'll always have to make the decision between a cupcake and fruit, meaning society as a whole will never change and only get worse regarding diet.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I came to work today to find a box of Krispy Kremes on the table near my desk. Good thing I have lost my desire for baked goods! I love these little victories! 2 years ago I wouldn't have been able to walk passed that box without at least having a peice of a donut. Now I look at the box and say "oh yuck - how can people eat that stuff?" .......... now, if it was ice cream it would be a whole different story - but hopefully with the same outcome My weaknesses are ice cream, cheese cake and cookie dough. I can resist the baked cookie - but the cookie dough is really tough!!!!!!

Today is a good day - 2 bacon strips for breakfast, 4 egg yolks at noon. NO DAIRY! YEAH ME!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

calee is offline Senior Member
    TomI, I'm feeling very proud of you this morning. This is a very personal journal for each of us. Letting go of various foods often has a lot of attached emotional baggage. You took a second look at your situation and made what seems like. Big change to me in giving up the dairy as well as the reasons for wanting to keep it. Taking care of yourself and your food needs before those of your family is huge.

I didn't want to let go of dairy either. Today I begin Day 8, one week down, and I really enjoy eating this way. I miss the dairy and eggs because they are easy breakfast etc. so I had to get a bit more creative. No biggie. I don't think I'm shedding pounds but I'm feeling good! I read in a Whoe30 blog that a woman didn't drop a pound the first two week, then dropped 9 the last two. Here's hopin for a few!

calee is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, you're right about always facing temptations. I think doing a strict Whole30 will make it easier for me to say, no thank you, to those tough choices.

Really though, shouldn't I be evolved enough to say no thank you to thinks that will cause me to feel less than optimal? One would hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    TomI, I'm feeling very proud of you this morning. This is a very personal journal for each of us. Letting go of various foods often has a lot of attached emotional baggage. You took a second look at your situation and made what seems like. Big change to me in giving up the dairy as well as the reasons for wanting to keep it. Taking care of yourself and your food needs before those of your family is huge.
    ditto! I think you did a great job analyzing the whys and why nots regarding the dairy. I too hope we all can celebrate great losses when this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Really though, shouldn't I be evolved enough to say no thank you to thinks that will cause me to feel less than optimal? One would hope so!
    If it was that easy, none of us would be here at MDA... But I think that's part of our learning process - to learn how to say no - and in the end we'll be better equiped to say no and move on to better food choices. Eventually it'll become second nature to all of us and the temptations won't last but a split second, so short we won't even notice them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast