Thread: New to the forum and looking for added support! SO, Hi from TX! page

BrownEyedGirl74 is offline Junior Member

New to the forum and looking for added support! SO, Hi from TX!

Shop Now
    Hi there! My name is Rebecca and I'm 38 years old and a mother of 5 children! and YEP, I carried and gave birth to each of them! Our oldest turns 17 in less than a week and our youngest just turned 2 this month. My husband found Marks website a year ago and that is when our primal journey began and that is also when I left weight watchers. inwas so scared of leaving WW and now I am so happy I did!!!! However, I have gotten lazy, and still have 15-20 pounds to lose? I'm going strict paleo for 30 days. I'm 5 foot 4 and as of this morning I'm 157.4

We feed our 5 children children this way and the little ones help pic out veggies! The oldest children gave us a lot of complaints in the beginning when we weeded out grains etc.....OH. THE. WHINING! Well, a year later, and they are loving life and our teenager can't stand the taste of most take out fast food places any longer. She recently went to a friends house who had Taco Bell served for lunch and after 2 bites she stopped eating and then text me telling me she thought she was going to throw up. She waited till she got home and devoured a salad and some meat hahaha! I was so happy!

Anyway, I could use extra encouragement to keep pressing on while my friends all think I'm an extreme nut case now because I will not eat grains, wheat, high fructose corn syrup, mono dygriclides (spelling?) , and I don't buy any pre-package foods at all. Oh yeah, we are crazy cause we don't drink sodas. Apparently that is sinful in the "Dr. Pepper state!" Of Texas. I refuse to give up reaching my Heath and fitness goals but I am mentally struggling....for now at least.

Thanks for reading!

Rebecca

dacec is offline Senior Member
    I can empathize with being the weird food obsessed mom! It pays off (as you are seeing) so hang in there.

I have 22, 19, 17 and 10. They all have healthy food debates with their CW friends...which crack me up. We are the odd balls. I dont give a crap...lol!

Good for you for making important changes that will make a life long impact on your children :-)

Yay! I'm not alone. Food debates are always fun.... Okay, not always hahaha! At least our family is in this together for life. I do feel bad for families who struggle with everyone not being on board. Thank you for the encouragement!

McFly is offline Junior Member
    Hi Rebecca! My name is Michelle and I am new here too. I just got The Primal Blueprint last week and I've been reading it non-stop ever since. I think I have things figured out and I'll be starting my new primal habits tomorrow! SOOOO excited for a positive change!

I was actually a Weight Watchers leader, but over the course of about 2 years I started weeding out dairy, gluten and sugar from my diet due to foods triggering my IBS. Eliminating those foods is what took the last bit of weight off.... not the Weight Watchers foods or their plan.

Anyway, I am excited to start making different food choices and making primal a way of life, and I'm glad to have support on here!
    Life is like a camera:
    Just focus on what is important,
    Capture the good times,
    Develop from the negatives,
    and if things don't turn out,
    ~take another shot!

Hi Michelle! I am so happy to see a former WW leader go primal!!! I had lost respect for WW because of all the junk they put in their products before learning the primal way of life. We were already against eating anything with high fructose corn syrup to begin with. As for dairy, and as of 4 years ago, I am lactose intolerant so no dairy became a blessing in disguise for me.

I LOVE our primal lifestyle and I'm confident you will too. I still, for now at least, struggle with giving into refine sugars such as cupcakes, Reese's, cookies ect..... Which is why I am forcing myself to go strict for 30 days. I HATE tracking my foods and with the primal life style I don't have to.... I have literally maintained my weight for a year with out tracking anything. I know what to do and how to do it So now I am getting real with myself and not worrying about what others think (at least trying not to). For some reason it was okay when I was at WW to our family and friends, but now that I am not "doing" this but rather LIVING this primal lifestyle people think we are not living and some how depriving ourselves and we've gone extreme etc..... We've never eaten tastier foods in our life, THEY are missing out!

I am here for you too and we can join this journey together! It's a great feeling knowing you are not alone!

Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by McFly View Post
    Hi Rebecca! My name is Michelle and I am new here too. I just got The Primal Blueprint last week and I've been reading it non-stop ever since. I think I have things figured out and I'll be starting my new primal habits tomorrow! SOOOO excited for a positive change!

I was actually a Weight Watchers leader, but over the course of about 2 years I started weeding out dairy, gluten and sugar from my diet due to foods triggering my IBS. Eliminating those foods is what took the last bit of weight off.... not the Weight Watchers foods or their plan.

Anyway, I am excited to start making different food choices and making primal a way of life, and I'm glad to have support on here!