First, my apologies if the answer to this is blatantly obvious or if the topic has been covered before. I did a search and didn't come up with much of anything in regards to this.

I "study" all types of exercise modalities, although I am certainly drawn to the basic core of this "program". It makes the most sense and I certainly integrate the concepts in my movements of choice as well as my basic style of eating. I so appreciate what Mark has put together and to those of you who tiredlessly help others, via this forum.

I woke up this morning thinking about our ancestors - and not even too far from the recent past. I thought about the "little house on the prairie" days. Those guys and gals engaged in physical labor from dusk till dawn and from near as I could tell, not a one of them got up in the morning and did a stretch routine. Maybe I am missing something?

If you ponder other exercise modalities the concept of "stretching" (either before, during or after) the "movement" is almost always integrated. It also makes sense to me and it feels great. There are days that I "only" stretch. Of course, each and every "stretch" does involve muscle engagement (assuming one is actively stretching).

What do you think? Does Mark promote stretching as part of the "blueprint"? If he did, it must have been subtle, or I simply missed it. If he does not, has he made any valid points for this? I really am curious and open to any "flip side" of this equation...

Thanking you all in advance for your very insightful "take" on all of this. In the meantime, happy Grok'g!!!

Diane