Thread: Primal Journey (mparker79) page

mparker79 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journey (mparker79)

Good Morning!

Tody is day 1. I am making the commitment to go 100% primal for 30 days in an effort to improve my health and change the apperace of my body.

A little bit about my journey to get here....

I have been overweight most of my life. Begining in Novemeber 2012, I decided to take my like back. I was drinking heavily and paying no attention to my health. I was the heaviest I have ever been (188 lbs @ 5'4"). To begin loosing the weight, I went with one of the main stream, low carb, fad diets. By 3/1/13, I was down to 139 lbs. My weight is up a bit since this initial low and as of this am, I am at 149 lbs.

The weight loss was great, but my body hadn't changed at all. I did weighed less, but my body composition is still the same. During this weight loss time, I hadn't excersized at all and gained zero muscle, so now I find my self "skinny fat".

Through out my weight loss, I felt horrible. As I have learned from Mark's books, my body was just not getting what it needed. However, I stuck with the diet to get the weight off, but am very excited to now get healthy and change my body.

Breakfast for today:
    (4) eggs with cinnamon and vanilla (I call this french toast eggs, one of my fav's) and some black berries.

I will check back in the morning.

Thank you Mark for the knowledge to take control of my self and heal my body.

Good Morning!

Day 1 complete food list:

B: French toast eggs
    S: Handful of almonds
    L: Romaine, avacado, hard boiled eggs, celery, carrots
    S: Olives, celery with almond butter, ham
    D: Ground venison, iceberg lettuce, avacado, onions

Day 1 in the books!

I feel like I was about 85% compliant yesterday (Thanks, Mom's homemade oatmeal cookies! Ugh)

Day 2 food intake:
    B: french toast eggs
    S: Strawberries and almonds
    L: Romaine lettuce, 1/2 avacado, 2 HB eggs, 4 oz ham
    **** day derailed by Mom's oatmeal, rasin, walnut cookies******* I ate 3 Ugh!
    D: Sweet potato ham soup (ham, sweet potato, onion, celery, chicken broth, almond milk, butter)
    S: Banana Ice Cream (frozen bananas & strawberries, almond butter, honey and coconut milk)

Overall I feel pretty good. I am a pissed at myself for eating the cookies, but tomorrow is a new day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 3:

B: primal fuel smoothie with 1/2 avocado and strawberries

S: strawberries and almonds

L: chicken Caesar salad with a cup of broccoli cheddar soup

D: chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, salad with ranch and steamed veg with butter.

Fail: milk chocolate covered almonds. I need to lock it up and stay away from the BS. I believe I can do this and I believe it works. Just need to stick with it and commit.

Movement: 2 miles at between 60-75% max heart rate.