Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foods that aren't Food. page 4

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    - pork: usually dry and bland. Very rarely have I had pork that didn't need sauce.
    Have you tried eating it rare? All the pork I eat is strong-tasting and juicy, but I make a point of eating it anywhere from blue to medium-rare and no more cooked (unless curried, then it's cooked until it falls apart).

Then again, it might be an American thing. The pork here is MUCH blander than Spanish pork, so it may be a case of the same there.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Have you tried eating it rare? All the pork I eat is strong-tasting and juicy, but I make a point of eating it anywhere from blue to medium-rare and no more cooked (unless curried, then it's cooked until it falls apart).

Then again, it might be an American thing. The pork here is MUCH blander than Spanish pork, so it may be a case of the same there.
    I love pancetta, and the few times I've eaten pork have been CAFO pigs, so I feared eating them anything less than well done. So, no, never rare. American hogs have been bred to be lean and taste free, as that's what the public wants. I love the taste of wild boar, but I've had it once in my life (a javelina my uncle shot on the ranch.)
    Last edited by naiadknight; 04-30-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Anything you might find in a 7-11!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234