Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Work in Progress: Finding the Right Balance page 2

firetiger is offline Senior Member

Schedule's a Bit Off...

Shop Now
    I had an 8 am exam so I was forced to get up a lot earlier than I am comfortable with/used to. That means I ate a very early breakfast. I didn't know how long the exam would take so I fed my brain beforehand. I plan to do yoga but my lower back feels tweaked. I went to the chiropractor & he said it was looking good. I have to watch the twisting exercises I think but my mind/body craves yoga. I am reading the PBF guide right now. I am a big fan of bodyweight exercises & since I am not looking to add tons of muscle (bulk-up) I think they work perfectly for me. I feel great about the positive changes I see/feel in my body from the combination of yoga & primal eating.

7:30 B: 2 hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado, coffee with 1/3 can coco milk, a few blackberries
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

It's Friday!

12:15
    L: 1 strip bacon, 3 oz ground chuck stir fried with frozen stir fry veggies scrambled with an egg

4:00
    S: pre-workout green smoothie (spinach, green powder, 1/2 banana, few frozen blueberries, chia seeds, 1/3 can coco milk

6-7:30: intense yoga class

8:00
    D: 5 oz ground turkey meatballs in tomato sauce with mushrooms cooked in coconut oil & pasture butter, 1/3 cucumber with a hard-earned glass of red wine. I am so satisfied & my cooking turned out wonderfully.

Seriously was I starving myself before? Feeling great!

Quote Originally Posted by csluyuan View Post
    You are a people who enjoy life and wish you had been maintained. Ha ha
    So true. Even when I was in Perú I ate tons of food & was really happy. It was all natural freshly killed or picked from the garden, fresh eggs, even the bread was freshly made in a brick oven. Also I feel like my eating habits before probably promoted overall weight loss but now I just want fat loss, no muscle loss.

9:30
    B: 2 eggs fried in pasture butter, green smoothie (spinach, green powder, 1/2 banana, 1/3 can coco milk, a few frozen blueberries, chia seeds)

10:45-12:15: medium intensity yoga

12:45
    L: 2 strips of bacon, 1/2 avocado, 1/3 cucumber, 1/4 yellow bell pepper, 2 hard boiled eggs

For dinner I plan on making lemon dill salmon with asparagus yummm. I need to look into finding a good source of GF meat but living in a city makes it a bit difficult. There's a butcher in town but I think they are kind of expensive. Maybe the farmers markets for veggies too. Whole Foods/the Fresh Market will end up being too much & since I feel like I am now eating my weight in meats I need to figure something out.

Processed food makes me feel bad...

Well my salmon wasn't thawed so I had to use the only meat that I had not frozen: turkey kielbasa sausages (read: processed). My stomach hurts & I feel like crap/bloated. Lesson learned no processed food anymore. Makes me feel like crap.

4:00
    S: my homemade trailmix of cashews, almonds, a few dried cherries & a few dark choc chips

7:15
    D: 7 oz turkey kielbasa, 1 large mushroom sauteed in 1/2 tbsp pasture butter. followed by a glass of red wine & small amount of 88% dark chocolate.

Not my best eating day.

PrimalCon New York
    Started my day off with a HIIT style 12 minute workout including burpees, push-ups etc. about midway through I got a terrible headache. I still have said headache but I frequently get them so I don't think it's related to the diet. Also feeling kind of depressed. I only have 2 exams left then I am going to be getting more daily sunshine and hopefully will have a job as well as some volunteering position as I hate being bored.

10:30
    B: 2 eggs fried in butter & green smoothie (green powder, spinach, 1/3 can lite coco milk, a few strawberries, a few frozen blueberries)

12:30:
    Coffee with almond milk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12