Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JUDDD and SAD page

JUDDD and SAD

I've been trying to turn my friend onto paleo, but in the process of researching it she came across JUDDD. She's really excited about it and wants to jump into it, but is planning on doing it while eating SAD instead of paleo. She insists that people still have amazing results from it, no matter what they're eating.

Is there any evidence I can give her that shows that JUDDD + paleo trumps JUDDD + SAD, in terms of weight loss/body composition? It's her right to eat what she pleases, obviously, but I'm actually quite curious myself.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    What the hell is JUDDD

NM its a calorie counting thing. Sure you can lose weight on it.... hell, but you could just join weight watchers and count points if that is all your goals are about.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-29-2013 at 08:07 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    People do have success with it on the SAD. If she's not paleo, and she isn't ready to become paleo, she is still better off losing weight by that method that staying overweight. Don't pressure her. It has to be her decision.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Like Neck said, if she doesn't give a shit about health then whatever floats her boat. The problem with those programs is that when you don't focus on nutrient density, hormone regulation, and other lifestyle factors, the end result is a binge fest and complete regain. Not to mention the constant hunger and cravings. Yuck.

Better to focus on what matters and live a real life.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    People do have success with it on the SAD. If she's not paleo, and she isn't ready to become paleo, she is still better off losing weight by that method that staying overweight. Don't pressure her. It has to be her decision.
    Don't take this as a challenge, but I disagree. If I had a family member that was overweight I would rather see them eating paleo than entering some calorie counting program to lose weight.

Paleo and lose the weght > Paleo and keep the weight > SAD and lose the weight > SAD and keep the weight

Thats how I see it anyhow in most instances anyhow.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I lost over 40lbs with JUDDD and SAD, went from a size 14 jean to a size 4, and it worked briliantly for me. JUDDD/IF has health benefits that go along with it, regardless of which way you eat with it. I had blood work done while doing JUDDD/SAD and everything looked great, including my glucose level going from a pre-diabetic range, to a normal range.

One of the side effects with JUDDD is that it changes your relationship with food-it gives you back control, and you become in tune with your body. That leads you to becoming more interested in a healthier way of eating. It's a natural progression that will probably happen on its own-just be happy that your friend is doing JUDDD, support that, and the rest will follow.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-30-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    *~Sara~*

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Don't take this as a challenge, but I disagree. If I had a family member that was overweight I would rather see them eating paleo than entering some calorie counting program to lose weight.

Paleo and lose the weght > Paleo and keep the weight > SAD and lose the weight > SAD and keep the weight

Thats how I see it anyhow in most instances anyhow.
    If it were up to you, of course. But it's not. You can't change other people against their will. If you were to try, it might have the opposite effect.

I think that the best way to help people who are not looking to change is to set a positive example and be ready to provide help when they request it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    Like Neck said, if she doesn't give a shit about health then whatever floats her boat. The problem with those programs is that when you don't focus on nutrient density, hormone regulation, and other lifestyle factors, the end result is a binge fest and complete regain. Not to mention the constant hunger and cravings. Yuck.

Better to focus on what matters and live a real life.
    I did JUDDD for about six months, before going into maintenance and I never had any binging, constant hunger or cravings. In fact I feel the best I ever have and I'm in tune with my body, for the first time in my life. JUDDD is a form of IF and has health benefits, regardless of how you eat with it.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-30-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    *~Sara~*

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing JUDDD for the last eight weeks, on top of my low-carb primal ways. I think she will find that the Down Days are easier if she is eating primal on the UP Days.

However, my Honey(also JUDDDing), who is quasi-primal, has found himself not eating as much junk on his Up Days. He says he just feels like he wants healthier foods. Maybe that will happen for your friend.

If you read Dr. Johnson's book, you will see that although he attributes most of the weight-loss to calorie counting, he also talks about the effects of SIRT1 on the hunger and fat-burning mechanisms. You count calories on your Down Days, but don't need to on your Up Days.

If you want to point her towards primal, we have a JUDDD thread going on (labeled Alternate Day Fasting- Support and Chat). She can stop by for JUDDD stuff, and get primal by osmosis. Plus, I think we're a nice crew.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I have been doing JUDDD for the last eight weeks, on top of my low-carb primal ways. I think she will find that the Down Days are easier if she is eating primal on the UP Days.

However, my Honey(also JUDDDing), who is quasi-primal, has found himself not eating as much junk on his Up Days. He says he just feels like he wants healthier foods. Maybe that will happen for your friend.

If you read Dr. Johnson's book, you will see that although he attributes most of the weight-loss to calorie counting, he also talks about the effects of SIRT1 on the hunger and fat-burning mechanisms. You count calories on your Down Days, but don't need to on your Up Days.

If you want to point her towards primal, we have a JUDDD thread going on (labeled Alternate Day Fasting- Support and Chat). She can stop by for JUDDD stuff, and get primal by osmosis. Plus, I think we're a nice crew.
    I second your honey-JUDDD definitley led me to wanting a healthier diet

Another example-my mom has been a yo yo dieter her whole life, as well as a binge eater. Now in her late 50s, she's obese and has a host of medical ailments. After seeing my success with JUDDD she started and she's doing very well with it. We compare dd food plans and hers are filled with eggs, broth and veggies. This coming from a lady who used to eat entire bags of potato chips at a time. Her doctor was surprised at her transformation and asked what she was doing-she's now doing JUDDD too JUDDD is so much more than a calorie counting diet!
    *~Sara~*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast