Thread: GORUCK Challenge Nutrition page

GORUCK Challenge Nutrition

Shop Now
    So I have been doing quasi-paleo/primal for maybe a month, over the last weekend I got pretty serious about it though. Now I have a GORUCK Challenge on May 11th and June 8th and want to make sure that I have the energy and what not to make it through these events. Any advice? Requirements of the food:
    Easily carried, preferably in a cargo pocket, but at least in a ruck
    Waterproofable
    Tough (we will be rolling around on the ground, jumping, bumping into each other, carrying each other, etc...)

boomingno is offline Member
    Jerky? Not sure if that really qualifies as waterproofable, but it works for everything else.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Take a bunch of snacks, and bring high Carb snacks too. I would not recommend trying to stay low Carb during the goruck. You'll be burning far more calories than you can possibly eat.

Sent using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

I have done a Challenge before, I wasn't primal at the time though. I ate 1.5 clif bars, 3-4 powebar gels, and 2-3 bags of powebar gel bites. Just trying to figure out if I should stay strict primal or use the powerbars again.

Sent from my IS06 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

wiltondeportes Guest
    I've done something like this before, and I would do it again before another weak-ass mud race. My only advice for nutrition is to cover the gamut of protein, fat, and carb. Make sure you get plenty of carbs too.

Just did it this past Saturday. Turkey jerky, fruit/veggie bars from sunrype, gerber graduates grabbers fruit, powerbar gels and gel bites. Not completely primal, but the best I could find.

Sent from my IS06 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app