Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Diary of a CheeseFiend page 4

Skipixie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok me neither in truth. So if its hormones what's the answer?
    If the primal lifestyle is like a formula one race, everybody on this site is in pole position.

Don't say nicotine
    If the primal lifestyle is like a formula one race, everybody on this site is in pole position.

CheeseFiend is offline Member
    It's alright, I can't talk for coughing.

Erm, if it is, I don't know actually. Might have to go and do some google research (rough translation = nonsense on stilts) to see if there's a link between drastic diet changes and hormone regulation.

First though, the cigarette. BRB.

Rolling a cigarette, as it happens.

ooh, the post went funny. right, really BRB.

Well, journal, I am definitely feeling brighter today. Just done a couple of hours work in my own garden/veg patch after work instead of sulking inside, so must be getting more motivated again.

Was it the wine? Was it the sugar in the wine? Was it the not-so-good sleep caused by drinking the wine?

I truly hope it wasn't the sugar, because today I have bought a LARGE box of early strawberries (mine aren't in flower yet) and they smell so very, very wonderful. I am going to eat them (when I've digested dinner). I am. All of them.

Hey strawberry girl, how's your day? Glad you are feeling better.....

I have taken a last minute decision to disappear for a few days on some kind of spiritual recalibration type trip. But i think the biggest challenge may be staying primal while on the road.... (Or the train, bus, boat etc). However IF is always a good option if this cave woman is unable to hunt down the nearest waitrose ;-)

Ps Vino Moroso is off the list for a while.

Helloooo...

Even more alert today. Definitely found the culprit. Blast.

A disappearing job sounds wonderful. You'll just have to eat cold lumps of meat and raw veg from whatever shops you pass. Yum.

One of the best trips I ever had was here in the UK. I started from London and just drove North, further North, further North, through all the mountainous bits I could find (I had quite a few weeks) - getting out and walking/camping of course at the most rugged parts. It turned into quite the Ultima Thule epic when I finally found myself on one of the tiny islands off the north of Orkney and had to stop, unable to travel further North without ending up in Iceland. Which I did the next year...

But it was glorious not having any set distance, goal, or expectations of what the next day would be. Just exploring.

Oh, fucking buggering arse.

My dinner - the only dinner I have in the fridge as Friday is shopping day - is bloody well off. I've been looking forward to that steak for days. DAYS. And now what do I have? Asparagus. In butter, yes, but just asparagus. It's a 20 mile journey to the nearest shop with food and I can't justify the cost of the diesel - yes, it's also payday on Fridays - and it probably wouldn't have any acceptable meat anyway. Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks.

Sigh. Being the self-sufficient type, I could rustle up some elderly root veg that are still lurking about I suppose. Hmm, a goose fat roast... but they're VEG. I don't want VEG, I want MEAT. MY MEAT THAT I BOUGHT BECAUSE IT LOOKED SO... SO... SO... GOOD.

/tantrum over/

So, roast the elderly veg, and mix it into... into... well, there's a tub of greek yoghurt in the fridge. This will be exciting.

Right, things are looking up. I've found a tin of tomatoes and some elderly mushrooms.

What with the elderly veg and all the herbs in the world growing outside the back door, I almost have ratatouille, as long as no-one squeals on me to Jamie Oliver. Add some (a lot) of cheese, plus a bottle of the elderberry wine I made last year and found whilst rummaging, and I almost have a party on my hands. I've lit the fire since it's just starting hailing () outside, the cats haven't vomited up any bits of rodent today, and things are not at all bad, actually.

[ don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak don't think about steak ]

Dear journal, I am sorry I have neglected you. I haven't cheated, promise. Thing is, my house was flooded by the river on Saturday and I've been a bit wet and busy. Right, that's sitting-down-time over, on with the work...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast