Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any old hippies? Even just baby-boomers? page 3

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Not digging the general negativity, escapism and cynicism on the thread. Born in, 52 travelled through the experimental drug phase in my life journey and moved on. (I think everyone should try acid and mushrooms at some point it will defiitely change your perspective). Been all over the planet and witnessed many postive things happening in the world. Every day I meet incredible people doing wonderul things, helping to make a difference. I encourage you to get engaged, be mindful and become part of the solution your contributions are needed.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    That is my attitude- my point is that when I voice this attitude, instead of anyone, ever, being interested or engaged and agreeable, I get only suspicion, denial and hostility. As if the idea that integrating understanding and harmony into your own life is an absurd and heretical idea of forgotten eras since proven failed.

There is a small class of younger people that are hip to that general message, but they are young. They missed the era where, from nothing, a new idea was created and shared. The ones who lived through it seem eager to forget and get to work.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to know about edible mushrooms rather than the other kind. I think mindfulness is a more positive (and cheaper) way to change your thinking. I've changed my perspective by walking the length of the US. I don't care what others want to do, but I can't see how any of it changes anything. Whether they get taxes out of me or not they still are incredibly clever at finding new ways to destroy the world and all her living things.
    I like Krishnamurti and practice attention to my mind for a long time now, but realizing, "I am filled with aggression and hostile rage because of the absurdly abusive conditions of my own and the general captivity" is inferior to, "I am high, and the chemical chain in the molecular dimension that nurtures my rage has changed its course, and I am now without assertion."
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123