Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know easy and simple recipes? page

juanjo is offline Junior Member

Anyone know easy and simple recipes?

Hey guys,
    Im totally new and have been trying my best to be primal. Usually eating veg with meat, and salads with fruit for breakfast. But my diet is limited, like carrots and pumkin with chicken for eg. So does anyone know some simple recies I can try.
    Ive tried some recipes before, but usually I need a food processor, some herb that costs a lot but I only need a pinch of or a long list of ingredients!
    Can someone help me out and tell me some easy and simple no fuss rcpipes?
    Thanks,
    J

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I normally just grill meat, poultry, or fish in butter in a pan, cover for a few minutes, and serve with steamed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, rutabagas, squash, peppers, cabbage, and spinach are favorites).

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I do almost the same thing except I chop everything up into small pieces and stir fry it. Meat/protein + veggies + fat for frying + frying pan + heat = meal.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Ground beef fried up with minced veg is always easy, and season it however you like. Tonight I threw in some onion and garlic (always), red pepper and mushrooms. Salt and pepper, some thyme, paprika, red pepper flakes and a few dashes of worcestershire. Added some broth to make it saucy, simmered it down and had some over rice. Easy peasy.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Different approach here, I tend to layer everything (starchy veg, green veg, meat, seasoning) in a baking dish, cover and stick in the oven for a couple of hours on 150C.

For example:

Carrots, brussells sprouts, pork chops. Season with garlic or chilli.
    Kumara, onion, chicken drumsticks or thighs. Season with thyme or cumin.
    Potatoes, leeks, lamb chops. Season with rosemary or mint.

See, you just ring the changes and end up with variety. Check my journal out for more ideas if you like.

andi is offline Member
    Grilled Chicken! Today I did: 1 Jalapeno, juice of one lemon, 1 tbsp oregano, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil in my magic bullet. Coat dem chickies and marinade (overnight is best!). Or the easiest go-to chicken would just be grilled with some garlic and rosemary. I've become quite fond of cumin as well, and if you're a fan of cabbage:
    Cabbage Stir-fry

1/2 head of cabbage
    1/2 white onion
    1 zucchini
    1 tsp. coconut oil
    1 tbsp. shredded coconut
    1 tsp. cumin
    1 tsp. red pepper flakes
    black pepper to taste

Saute vegetables until onions translucent, then add the spices and coconut. Continue cooking until coconut turns golden.

You can even add some shrimp in there,

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juanjo View Post
    Ive tried some recipes before, but usually I need a food processor, some herb that costs a lot but I only need a pinch of or a long list of ingredients!
    Can someone help me out and tell me some easy and simple no fuss rcpipes?
    I've never needed a food processor. Does that also mean that you don't want to cut up vegetables on a board?

I think the most basic 'one pot' meal to learn to cook is a stir fry. Since everything takes slightly different times to cook, you can easily prepare the veges while it's cooking.

Order to put things in the pan:
    Lard
    Onion
    Carrots
    Garlic
    Beef Mince (plus other spices here. feel free to experiment with small amounts of some or all of the following: ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, tumeric, basil, oregano, cumin, coriander, chilli, lime, sesame seeds)
    Mushrooms / Capsicums / courgettes
    Leafy greens

Stir it periodically so that it cooks relatively evenly and doesn't burn onto the bottom.

When you dish it up, feel free to add other things like lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, olives, salt and pepper etc that are nicer raw than cooked.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juanjo View Post
    Can someone help me out and tell me some easy and simple no fuss recipes?
    I am able to have the same breakfast every day. A sort of omelette. Butter or coconut oil in small frying pan. Cut up 4oz mushrooms or wash large handful of spinach. Switch on heat under pan and whip up two large eggs with some ground black pepper to taste. Put the mushrooms or spinach in the pan when the butter has melted. Stir and start cooking. When spinach has wilted down or mushrooms nearly cooked, add the eggs. I use a spatula to shift the eggs about a bit so as to cook them more quickly. When solid, lob on a plate and eat. No fuss.

Lunch:- Roast chicken thighs/tin of mackerel or herring on plate with tomatoes, celery, radishes, cucumber, sauerkraut and pickled red cabbage.

Dinner:- Butter or coconut oil in a large frying pan. Add chopped bacon, onions and whatever greens you fancy. When they are going well, add liver and cook to taste.

These are my favourites and no doubt you will get plenty more from others here.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

juanjo is offline Junior Member
    Hey Guys,

thanks for all the ideas! If anyone has other recipes that are easy and no fuss please let me know!

Thanks,

J

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made a quick chicken stew for today and tomorrow. I'm VL calories as well as lo carb though. i took 250g chicken, 100g peas,100g onions, 80g parsnip.120g carrots, 100g swede(rutabaga) 80g leek, chopped the meat and veg into a fairly small dice add a little fat.stir fry the onion till just browning, tip in all the veggies except the leek and peas ,stir fry till the veggies are just tender and starting to brown, tip in chicken and leeks, stir fry till all surfaces of the chicken are sealed and staring to brown. dissolve 1 chicken stock cube in a pint of water and add to the pan, tip in the peas bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes, thicken if you like (i don't bother). stir frying the veggies till browning makes the taste kind of sweet, and nothing goes mushy. you can add whatever spices you like. each half portion is 38 carbs. real comfort food

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast