Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know easy and simple recipes? page 2

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    A great - and cheap - protein bomb which is very satisfying mid afternoon or late evening is simply to open a small can of sardines, I like the ones in tomato sauce, and empty into a bowl along with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil, and just eat with a spoon. You feel like you have had a full dinner afterwards. Makes a great breakfast as well, followed by a piece of fruit such as a quarter canteloupe or even a couple of nice ripe tomatoes quartered and mixed in.

Sardines tend to be a bit salty so I only have them three times a week.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Poached chicken and salmon alongside some steamed veggies. Poach in simmering water for about 20 minutes, veggies over the top in a steamer pan. Simple.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I am able to have the same breakfast every day. A sort of omelette. Butter or coconut oil in small frying pan. Cut up 4oz mushrooms or wash large handful of spinach. Switch on heat under pan and whip up two large eggs with some ground black pepper to taste. Put the mushrooms or spinach in the pan when the butter has melted. Stir and start cooking. When spinach has wilted down or mushrooms nearly cooked, add the eggs. I use a spatula to shift the eggs about a bit so as to cook them more quickly. When solid, lob on a plate and eat. No fuss.
    This is what I do too. Sometimes I use leftover veges from the night before instead of preparing fresh, you can even try to make sure you cook enough for this purpose.

Another variation is to use cooked starchy veg such as kumara or potato or pumpkin, mash it and blend in the eggs then cook it as a hash brown/fritter and grill some bacon to go with it.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    one thing I do quite often: fresh mackerel filets fried a la Mark Sisson, easy, quick and delicious!! You can eat them just like that or with a salad of your choice. I usually have them as a main dish, with or without a side veggie / salad, at least once a week, sometimes twice.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Lamb shanks cut in 1/3 by your butcher
    1 tin of tomatoes
    2 onions
    Garlic
    Brown onion and garlic in coconut oil for a generous 5 minutes ( don't shortcut this step it's the base that gives the flavour)
    Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper and add to onion and garlic
    Brown shanks evenly on all sides
    Add tinned tomatoes
    Cover and simmer (the longer the better)
    ENJOY!!!

primalbetty is offline Junior Member
    Hey I have been putting recipes on my blog if you wanted some inspiration. They're all pretty easy (some more than others!) Pukka Paleo -

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    The Moroccan fish stew looks good! I like the play on words with the Asian Meatballs

... added to my feeds.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Another variation is to use cooked starchy veg such as kumara or potato or pumpkin, mash it and blend in the eggs then cook it as a hash brown/fritter and grill some bacon to go with it.
    Like it!
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think the most liberating thing to do is to learn to cook without "recipes". After you get an understanding of how simple preparation of plain meats, seafood, vegetables, etc, is done, you can simply go on your inspiration and cravings for flavor, protein, carbs, and fattiness.

Whatever is in the refrigerator is what's for dinner.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stir frys are easy. Just pust some ground meat, scrambled eggs, and vegetables in a skillet with some oil fry it up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast