Thread: new music recommendations page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

new music recommendations

Primal Fuel
    I have been on a classical/anything-but-regular-ass-rock-and-roll model music kick lately. It started when I watched Step Brothers again and couldnt get "Volare" out of my head.

Does anyone know any other music or artists with that kinda flavor or whatever? I like Carlo Buti already and listen to him a lot but all of his songs are short and when I am doing dishes and shit around the house, I like stuff to play out for a while.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Do you listen to Alex Fox?

Giving it a try. Are there no lyrics? I want to be able to sing along, even if only in very poor italian. I listened to a few minutes then skipped around and listened and I have not heard a voice anywhere.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Nope no lyrics, sorry.

I can think of some upbeat, fun-to-do-dishes-to artists that you might like in the modern, "alternative" genre. Not standard rock and roll but not the Gypsy Kings or Buti either. Have you tried, Phoenix, Spoon, The Black Keys, The Shins?

that sounds like Oi kinda stuff from the name of the bands...I am trying to get away from the model that is: repetitive-drum-guitar-hook-chorus-repeat-drum kinda shit.

I am trying to get away from the model that is: repetitive-drum-guitar-hook-chorus-repeat-drum kinda shit.
    What artists come to mind when you say that?

Zaz:

EDIT: Most of her stuff isn't this pop-y. If you like her voice I'd check out her other stuff.

Local Natives:

Last edited by ombat; 04-29-2013 at 11:53 AM.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you want something very different and cool check out Delain. This is about as light as I listen to except from the occasional Jack Johnson. Most of the time it is Metal for me like In Flames, or Trivium etc. Delain is not really heavy, but very well written, and cool keyboard work.