Thread: anyone speak hindi? page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

anyone speak hindi?

I used to speak a little at work when I worked with Indians, but that was a while ago and I forgot everything except this love song I wrote for a co-worker's niece.

So the other night, I had a dream with a name in it that is Hindi words in origin; it was a character I remember creating when I still had a hindi dictionary, so the name was just some descriptive words.

But now, I can't find my dictionary, and long ago forgot what this word means, but, really want to remember since I dreamt it and wish to investigate that.

The word was "Jankusit" or "Jankuset" something like that sound. I probably altered the words a little bit, since it was fiction and I was more concerned with a cool name-sounding sound than any grammatical accuracy, but I am sure the roots are evident enough if you have any Hindi vocabulary.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    haha yogabare hook a brotha up
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"