So I have been eating right and exercising/lifting solidly for a little over a year now, and was looking for some feedback about my current phase of work-out, which I call "Phase 2." (Phase 1 was regular lifting and a 30 minute cardio warm-up, and before that was just getting back into the swing of things with less serious and less routine exercise and calisthenics)

Ok so, I go to the gym first thing in the morning M-F. I do 45 minutes on an elliptical machine and maintain a heart rate that I was told by the trainers is like my fat-burning heart-rate. I adjust the difficulty and shit throughout the 45 minutes and hold different speeds, blah blah.

Then I lift after that, M is chest, T back W arms Th shoulders F legs, with some kind of abs in there everyday. I mix up pyramids with 3/10 sets and every now and then throw in some light weight super-rep count kinda shit. I do the basics all the time and then mix up some different stuff every week. I currently bench 245 in a set (weigh about 220 now).

(I can't squat though, or do any kind of high-impact leg stuff because I have torn ligaments in my knee and ankle. Even just stuff like woodchoppers, where you have to hold like a pivot leg, I can't do because of my ankle. But I get by.)

Then I take a short break and get my protein.

Then, elliptical again for an additional 30 or so minutes, maintaining the heart rate I was told. (140s)

Am I wasting my time? How can I improve on this? I kinda spend a lot of time in the gym now and I want it all to count; it's a big investment for me.