Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Critique my business! page 4

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think he is.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    eKat, what I mean is, you made it sound like I can just starve away my belly fat, so, when I asked you to confirm that, you said something entirely different.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

miata is online now Senior Member
    I'm finding that building up muscle mass increases your metabolism significantly. As long as you are not eating too many carbs you should be able to lose fat without a lot of cardio. Most of the people I know just eat more when they do more cardio. I think those are the people you see doing chronic cardio and staying thin. It is a vicious cycle.

AylaFecero is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    It is a lot of cardio but I am probably like 30 pounds overweight still, at 220-5 now, from 270 maybe a year ago. The trainers told me a heart-rate range that is counter-productive, and I just avoid getting that high. If it goes over 150 I just slow my pace til I am back in range.

I am at maybe 22% body-fat now and wanna get to 14 in the nearish future.
    The Fat Burning Zone Myth: Don't Be Fooled

read the entire article carefully (it's not long).

The fat burning zone is a pervasive myth. It keeps you dieting, and doing mindless, non-stimulatory cardio for hours on end.

You can burn far more fat in shorter time with HITT style workouts. There are many options that would allow you to work around your ligament issues.

Also, dump the raisins. So much sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Look it up on youtube. It's a workout where you go full-out for a fixed number of seconds, then take a fixed number of seconds to recover.

Never forget that the trainer is working for the club. He is not trying to train you to be a self-directed athlete. He is there to make you dependent on the club so you'll keep renewing your membership, and dependent on him, so maybe you'll start paying him to do sessions. They want clients who quietly come in for a while and go home, not who are so dedicated they monopolize some of the expensive and scarcer equipment and want more floor space.

If you were to reach your goals, so you could just go out and train on your own, he would have failed.
    ^^too true

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    eKat, what I mean is, you made it sound like I can just starve away my belly fat, so, when I asked you to confirm that, you said something entirely different.
    Go back and re-read her posts. First she told you about a basic theory of how to lose weight and how SHE incorporates that theory into HER life. Second she gave you a thumbnail sketch of how to simplify YOUR life and routine while still losing weight. What works for her may not be the best lifestyle option for you. Everyone is different.

Good article, thank you.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

So the treadmill is easy enough to do this HIIT stuff on it looks like. I can become a treadmill guy at the gym- it actually gives me a chance to see out the windows at the gas station and mcdonalds across the street. As soon as I saw the cardio floor I thought, "Wow you can totally case those places effectively by just working out here. Ima rob mcdonalds!" But then I was afraid of the tread mill. This was like 6 months ago though, my wind is way better now.

AylaFecero is offline Junior Member
    No problem =] You can definitely do this on a treadmill!

Keep this updated with your progress, I'm curious to see how you get on. Don't forget to keep lifting~

haha Lifting is the easy part. It's the only thing that doesn't make me bored and shit.

Updates- dropped the 2nd-stage cardio from the workout, and started on either the stair-climber, or back to my old elliptical strategy, where I run for 4 minutes, sprint for 1, run 4, sprint 1, for 40 minutes. My heart rate goes as high as 175 for maybe 20 seconds in the sprinting phases (at the higher difficulties anyway- I go up 2 resistance levels every 5 minutes), but mostly holds around 130 in jog time and 150ish sprinting.

Lost about 5 real pounds since last checking in.

other note- got some creatine and that shit is the boooooomb. I never used it before but am sold now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast