Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook status update :( page

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member

Facebook status update :(

One of my FB friends:

Day 1 of healthy grazing (eating 5-6 "meals" a day) and I'm sitting at roughly 133% of my RDA for fiber and 257% of my RDA for sugar, thanks to all that fruit...and I'm only three meals in. Woof.
    I'm tweaking my eating habits a bit and seeing how it affects my running performance...and I'm also trying to be a bit more diligent about tracking what I actually eat (I use the Livestrong iPhone app for that). Counting calories is the easy part - it's the numbers for things like sugar and fiber and protein that I seem to consistently exceed...but I'm eating undeniably healthy things. Guess we'll see what happens.
    I decided to live and let live

Js137 is offline Member
    I know - I hate it when you feel like you could potentially help someone, but must bite your tongue and let them find their own path!

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Sugar...I...consistently exceed...but I'm eating undeniably healthy things...
    "Undeniably healthy". Nobody in the world could deny that high-sugar fruit is healthy, eh? Will he indeed see what happens... or will he see only what he wants or expects to see? Never mind, I can't criticize. I bought into that lifestyle myself for a long time. Without MDA I'd probably still be making massive fruit smoothies every night and wondering why non-stop exercise couldn't budge my weight.

Let a thousand flowers bloom. Just be sure your own flower blooms brightest of all.

that's just so sad
    my Primal Journal: Journal

my FitDay: FitDay

more gems from same lady:

is going to make the most of the rest day by (a) participating in a KU Med study on lower leg pain in distance runners, and (b) making a salmon salad for dinner!
    was reading the new issue of Runner's World Magazine last night, which discouraged wearing heels while training for a marathon. Sigh.
    Icing after a fast 4.7 [miles] and realizing if I'm going to treat the shredded parmesan cheese like an actual meal, I have to count it as a meal. Heh.

COULD THESE BE ANYMORE BAITING? XD
    Last edited by TheFastCat; 05-12-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: formatting

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Mess with her. Ask her if the salmon is wild caught.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

lost 2 pounds last week, which translates into roughly 1:45 off my marathon time - yay! Also getting ready to lose another toenail (it's a lovely shade of purple right now) which translates into roughly 2 more months of embarrassment in flip-flops and open-toed shoes.
    She needs an ultimate Grok-over

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    I can't imagine any sport that results in the loss of body parts being good for you.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I have a toenail that's about ready to fall off, but from mountaineering, not running. Somehow footwear seems necessary in sports that involve extended treks over snowy/glaciated terrain.
    I don't even care about how my toe looks though. I'll wear sandals/go barefoot and if people have a problem with it... well I'll tell 'em exactly where they can shove their complaints
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    She needs an ultimate Grok-over
    She's running from something, that's for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast