Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Backing Up on Paleo page 4

Kool is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Now your just trolling right? If you wanna eat like an Okinawan be sure to get plenty of pork offal! Read here:

What about the Okinawans? | Melissa McEwen on food anthropology, economics, and culture

"In a study of Japanese migrants in the United States the cultural upbringing was the strongest predictor of coronary heart disease. Those who were brought up in a non-Japanese fashion but preferred the lean Japanese food had a heart attack almost twice as often as those who were brought up in the Japanese way but fatty American food."

Not to mention the Okinawans have a genetic variation that helps greatly in their longevity.

Hey while your picking random societies why not look at the hundreds of hunter gatherer tribes cataloged who eat an average of 70-85% of their calories from "hunted" animals. None of them suffer any diseases of civilization either, and given that we are talking hundreds of societies rather than one particular group its highly unlikely that there are genetic causes for their good health.
    How about osteoporosis? The Eskimos have a relatively high meat consumption and also has one of the highest rates for osteoporosis. The Japanese people tend to eat 45kg of meat per capita while the US consumes upwards of 102kg. The Japanese have 30 CHD cases per 100,000 people while the US has 106.5 per 100,000 people.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    How about osteoporosis? The Eskimos have a relatively high meat consumption and also has one of the highest rates for osteoporosis. The Japanese people tend to eat 45kg of meat per capita while the US consumes upwards of 102kg. The Japanese have 30 CHD cases per 100,000 people while the US has 106.5 per 100,000 people.
    Has they? Yup, obviously there are no other confounding factors there. Well I'm convinced!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Keep backpedaling

Fruit tastes good. I'm an omnivore, so I'll choose to live like one. There is nothing complete about a restrictive diet of meat. In order to get all your nutrients, et al. you have to include plant food, or as you so coyly refer to it: horse fodder. Plus eating nothing but meat made me smell like wet dog, it wasn't endearing.

Oh, and don't forget the digestive stress all that meat puts on as well as the obvious problem of being in ketosis.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Kool is offline Senior Member
    It seems as though Paleo has gotten very popular because it offered people a "go" signal to indulge in fatty meats and oils which resulted in rapid weight loss for overweight people because they went from a SAD to a whole foods diet. It's really fascinating for you all to lash out and call me a troll even though I stated my opinion because you are so insecure about your diet you feel the need to undermine mine.
    Paleo seems like a safe haven for people who want to believe vegetables and fruits aren't that great.
    Well they are.
    If the human diet uses carbs as it's first choice of energy, then shouldn't that be the most natural source of food?
    Maybe paleo is a excuse for some of you to ignore the nagging feelings that vegetables are the best source of nutrients.
    I'm actually appalled at the fact paleobird feeds her dogs avocado, which contains persin, a toxic fungus for dogs. Dogs are carnivores, not omnivores. They should be the one eating loads of meats and fat and whatever, not us.
    We are the omnivores.
    Humans are most closely related to bonobos, which are omnivorous frugivores- They eat high amounts of fruit along with a small amount of meat.
    I believe some animal meat is fine, but I do not believe high consumption of fats and meat advocated by Mark is healthy.
    I believe Mark has succeeded in selling a fad diet for people who want to believe that eating a ridiculous amount of animal products is ok.
    I don't know how you all can just ignore the fact that most of you are not fit at all.
    The small number of you are relatively fit and lean but most are ehh, not so much. Not trying to be mean but brutally honest.
    I hope this is a wake up call for you all to eat more vegetables and less fat cause is it really getting you anywhere?

Thank you to those who wished me luck and I hope you guys the best too.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmmmm. More troll meat for the MDA forums.

I always wish people luck when I see they don't have much else going for em .

Kinda like.... "hey, look what I'm gonna do... I'm gonna try to fly from my roof top...." Well good luck with that.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-29-2013 at 05:59 PM.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Oh, and don't forget the digestive stress all that meat puts on as well as the obvious problem of being in ketosis.
    Tell me more about the digestive street of eating too much meat and the obvious problem of being in ketosis.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Timthetaco Guest
    Dogs are carnivores, not omnivores. They should be the one eating loads of meats and fat and whatever, not us.
    First I'd like to congratulate you for embracing what you know works for you rather than tumbling further down the rabbit hole. I quoted this because I disagree, though. I tried my dog on a raw meat diet a while ago, and her bowel movements were gnarly. Ironically, pumpkin bound up her poop and made it look somewhat normal. In fact, that was a common recommendation on raw food dog boards. Now I give my dog cooked meat and starch, and she's happier than ever and actually pooping well.

Off topic, just thought I'd throw that in there. Congratulations, again. Don't let groupthink override your better sense of judgment.

As for your vegan diet, I'd recommend focusing more on the higher fiber and/or higher glycemic starches and fruit rather than non-starchy vegetables. But I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know what you're doing exactly.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 04-29-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Hey Kool, think first then post, Dude. Otherwise you look like a jerk.

From the Pet Poison Hotline website:
    Avocado contains a toxin called persin, but despite the rumors, avocado is not poisonous to dogs, nor likely to cats. Only certain species are poisoned by persin. While dogs and cats don’t seem to be affected by persin, avocado poisoning can be deadly to birds and large animals (such as cattle). The bigger risk to dogs and cats is a foreign body obstruction, which can occur if the dog swallowed the whole large, round avocado seed; due to size alone, this seed can get stuck in the esophagus, stomach or intestinal tract of dogs.

My dog isn't stupid enough to try to eat the pit.
    Cats are obligate carnivores. Dogs are not. Even wolves eat berries.

The rest of the troll fodder isn't even worth refuting.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 04-29-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    It seems as though Paleo has gotten very popular because it offered people a "go" signal to indulge in fatty meats and oils which resulted in rapid weight loss for overweight people because they went from a SAD to a whole foods diet. It's really fascinating for you all to lash out and call me a troll even though I stated my opinion because you are so insecure about your diet you feel the need to undermine mine.
    Paleo seems like a safe haven for people who want to believe vegetables and fruits aren't that great.
    Well they are.
    If the human diet uses carbs as it's first choice of energy, then shouldn't that be the most natural source of food?
    Maybe paleo is a excuse for some of you to ignore the nagging feelings that vegetables are the best source of nutrients.
    I'm actually appalled at the fact paleobird feeds her dogs avocado, which contains persin, a toxic fungus for dogs. Dogs are carnivores, not omnivores. They should be the one eating loads of meats and fat and whatever, not us.
    We are the omnivores.
    Humans are most closely related to bonobos, which are omnivorous frugivores- They eat high amounts of fruit along with a small amount of meat.
    I believe some animal meat is fine, but I do not believe high consumption of fats and meat advocated by Mark is healthy.
    I believe Mark has succeeded in selling a fad diet for people who want to believe that eating a ridiculous amount of animal products is ok.
    I don't know how you all can just ignore the fact that most of you are not fit at all.
    The small number of you are relatively fit and lean but most are ehh, not so much. Not trying to be mean but brutally honest.
    I hope this is a wake up call for you all to eat more vegetables and less fat cause is it really getting you anywhere?

Thank you to those who wished me luck and I hope you guys the best too.
    Not really much said that hasn't already been refuted, so
    "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish."

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    They do now because they eat too many grains....back in the day not so much.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast