Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of Doing a Carb Refeed - Any Tips? page 2

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think I dip in and out of ketosis and feel equally good either way. I just don't want to run the risk of damaging my metabolism with constant low carb, particularly as I still want (probably not need) to lose some more body fat.

Z0oom is offline Member
    Doing my refeed today. Had a big stack of banana pancakes for breakfast, and two bananas while I was frying them. That will be the only fat of the day. After this, its baked sweet potatoes, baked squash, and probably some other veggies and fruits.

Got a few hundred pounds of bricks I am moving today to make a new compost and a footpath. Plus a little lifting sporadically when I walk in/out of my room ill do a set of 20 pushups or curls, and a nice big walk with the dogs.

Starting tomorrow is week two, and I am definitely going to have to work out more, and try to deplete my muscles more than I have this week. Even though I have had great results, I still dont feel as sore as I think I should, I could definitely push myself more. Looking forward to duck eggs and ribeyes!

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I dont eat primal i just like to annoy people.

No but really i think that unless your are using a ketogenic diet for a neurogical disorder then you should always atleast have a refeed to avoid lowering thyroid and metabolism, a common problem with low carbers. Even Mark Sisson has written about this.

I eat probably 400-600g of carbs a day. I eat mostly primL foods but most people wouldnt consider me a primal eater since i think sugar mainly from fruit is the perfect fuel.
    Wow Zach! 400-600 gms of carbs per day. That's amazing. Can you take a few moments and script out your typical daily diet and net calories, it would be very interesting...Thanks!

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    I'm doing a refeed today and mixed baked yams with white rice as part of one of my meals, tasted great!

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerangepiglings View Post
    I think I dip in and out of ketosis and feel equally good either way. I just don't want to run the risk of damaging my metabolism with constant low carb, particularly as I still want (probably not need) to lose some more body fat.
    Low carb/Ketosis does not damage your metabolism,
    All it does is reveal pre-existing problems with glucose/lipid dysfunction,
    That's why I tend to encourage people to go slow and give your body plenty of time to heal and adapt without any undue stress.

Zach is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Wow Zach! 400-600 gms of carbs per day. That's amazing. Can you take a few moments and script out your typical daily diet and net calories, it would be very interesting...Thanks!
    Just started a journal, posting what i eat. Will do a cronometer once in awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12