Thread: any primal teenagers out there? page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

Cool any primal teenagers out there?

Shop Now
    i was wondering if there were any teenagers out there, would like to know how primal is going for u and how u benefited from it. and if u dnt mind could u state ur gender

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Hey.
    I'm female, 19 (was 18 when I started), a uni-student and have been eating Primally since August 2012.

I lost about 5kg (of what, I don't know). Then I gained energy, meaning I could workout without it being a chore, so now I have gained 4kg of which over 3.5kg is lean body mass.
    I find myself happier and more comfortable and that my body generally functions better in every sense: I sleep better, enjoy my exercise, have easier periods, enjoy my food more, snack less, eat more of what I love. I get ill less and illness doesn't take me out anymore, so I can just power through. My skin is cleaner and my body smells better, even sans soaps.

My typical daily diet at the moment is:
    -8 eggs
    -100-200g of some meat or other
    -3 pieces of fruit
    -5 pieces of veg
    -some nuts
    -some butter
    +50% of my kcals from fat for optimal results, though, of course, this moves around.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Simplymebabeee is offline Junior Member
    Hey! I'm Cyndi, and 17 years old, my whole family transitioned to Primal because we all were packing on a few pounds and we couldn't figure out why. We felt tired and had no energy and we were all feeling depressed. Here's how I started:

It was Christmas 2012 and I was at a shocking 150 pounds at 5'6" and a small frame. All of those holiday sweets were catching up with me before I realized it!! I felt horrible about myself and I needed a change so I tried every diet I could think of. I tried Weight Watchers but it only taught me how to cheat myself. I noticed my dad losing so much weight without any effort and wondered how he could and I couldn't. He and my mom had been doing Paleo/Primal, and were thriving, I slowly decided to join them. Eventually my brother started to join in the transition too, and we all started working out. I was never a runner, but I did my first 5k this July and now Im running an 8 minute mile. Primal eating enabled me the energy and drive to run, and be healthy. In the process I lost 15 lbs and I continue to drop. Now I am at 134 and running as much as I can I feel beautiful finally and I never want to go back and I can't, not knowing what I do now about food and living. I've been encouraging friends and family to make the change, and have succeeded! Sometimes it's discouraging being a primal eater in our modern world, but MDA keeps me strong! My dad lost a total of 60 lbs, my mom 20, my brother 15, my boyfriend 35, and I lost 15 and still going

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I'm emma, I'm 15, and I live in England.

I come from a competitive background of racing, racing, and more racing. I was always trying to better myself, and henceforth I became interested in nutrition. Unfortunately, at first, I went about it the wrong way: purely calories in, calories out. Then when I found out about 'healthy whole grains' I began to implement that, as well as cutting calories waaay down for an active 13 year old girl.

Eventually, whether it was lack of interest, energy, or just general disdain, I quit, and followed a strict paleo diet to lose weight. I thought, after that, I'd get back to racing...but I haven't yet.

I was incredibly strict: no fruit, minimal dairy, below 50g of carbs per day. Yeah, i lost weight.. But things happened and i began to develop a BED. What I mean by that is: I was binging once per week? But the binge was the only thing I began to look forward to. I was obsessed with junk food, to the point that if I didn't get any, I would panic and frantically think of when I could next fit a binge in.

Thankfully, that's no longer. I have a much better attitude to food, and life now. I'm still overweight, but I'm enjoying eating healthfully, going to the gym, and learning about it all. I think my mum is even coming round to it - we've clashed quite a lot in the past about it all. Hell, I may even get back into racing so yeah, enjoying the lifestyle of healthiness and education ;p

Sent from my HTC One mini using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Emtropy; 10-14-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    I'm not an emo, I swear