Thread: C25k training page

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member

C25k training

Primal Fuel
    I started this program this week and finished my third day. A little bit rough but not too bad. Has anyone had success with this program? And did you ever do it more then the 3 days? I'm not sure the 3 days will be enough to build up my endurance. Any thoughts?

dacec is offline Senior Member
    3 days? Isn't it a several weeks long program?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzebelle View Post
    I started this program this week and finished my third day. A little bit rough but not too bad. Has anyone had success with this program? And did you ever do it more then the 3 days? I'm not sure the 3 days will be enough to build up my endurance. Any thoughts?
    I think it's an 8 or 12 week program, isn't it? I looked at that but realized that I was already active enough to start training more ambitiously.

The purpose of the program is to take someone who is entirely sedentary and bring them to the point where they can finish a 5K. Stick with it. Read through it again.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    I did it. I think she means did anyone ever train more than three days a week, which is what it recommends. I stuck with what the program recommended when I did it. The trouble with new runners (or so I've heard) is that they often do too much, too fast and end up hurting themselves so I resisted the urge to try and do more. It did build up my endurance, I ran a 5k at the end of it.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    I did it. I think she means did anyone ever train more than three days a week, which is what it recommends.
    Ah! Makes much more sense!
    I would love to become a runner, my hubby runs and it would be fun to do together. For now I am just adding bursts of running into my walking routine. Not quite sprints but close. I find I burn out very fast and can only run for very short distances butI do enjoy adding the running into my walks.

Good luck to the OP!

Caressa is offline Junior Member
    Awesome program. I started it in April of 2012. Been running ever since. Made running "doable" getting started. I've completed several races (up to half marathons). Don't worry about pace/speed right now. Focus entirely on doing what it takes (slowing the pace down if needed) to be able to jog the intervals.

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    I did it. I think she means did anyone ever train more than three days a week, which is what it recommends. I stuck with what the program recommended when I did it. The trouble with new runners (or so I've heard) is that they often do too much, too fast and end up hurting themselves so I resisted the urge to try and do more. It did build up my endurance, I ran a 5k at the end of it.
    Exactly what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. I'm enjoying it thus far...gives me another goal to work on.

I've done C25K and am now doing Zombies! Run! 5K Trainer! I Cycled back to a 5K trainer after running my Marine Corps PFT. I like to drop back to the beginning and just relax, have fun after building up to and training hard for a big event like that. I have also found that it does improve my speed some. I would say stick with 3 days a week though. Over-do it too early on and you can jack up your body. Good luck!