Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with "The Hollywood Physique". Been Primal with no change. page

danhaych is offline Member

Anyone familiar with "The Hollywood Physique". Been Primal with no change.

Primal Fuel
    Any primals that have subscribed to "The Hollywood Physique"?

I've been Primal for over 2 months now. Im following Marks fitness plan in his ebook thing. But I don't seem to be getting results. I feel stronger in a sense, each workout I manage to do an extra rep of the exercises but pics of me in December 12 and current show absolutely no visual change.

Anyone on "The Hollywood Physique"? You have to pay about $150 to get access to the forum but all I know so far is it's paleo, eating 6 times daily, no grains, no fruit, energy is from fat, diet has lots of eggs, program to build a visually good looking body, not gaining lots of muscle and strength. Based on the theory of turning your body into a hormone machine or something, maximizing the bodies use of testosterone with certain foods and exercises.

peril is offline Senior Member
    How long did it take you to achieve your current physique?. You have to start healing before you see the benefits. But sure, pay the $150
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    How long did it take you to achieve your current physique?. You have to start healing before you see the benefits. But sure, pay the $150
    Iv never been able to achieve a goal. I've basically looked the same for the last 10 years. Skinny, 67kg, eat lots, some abdominal fat. Basically I look like shit as I was once told lol. I try whatever I'm told but nothing seems to do anything to me. After PB for the last 2 months I actually felt I was stronger and thought I looked different in the mirror but taking photos I look exactly the same.

Does anyone on here even do Mark's fitness routine? I asked questions about it before and no replies, I wondered maybe no one does the fitness routines in his ebook and maybe they do other things?

peril is offline Senior Member
    My question was about how long have you been unhealthy. It will take time to begin healing appreciably. Until then, don't expect much visible change.

I did Mark's PBF for some months and saw definite improvement in physique. However, I saw better improvement by sticking to a clean antiinflammatory diet and moving a lot. I walk 6km most days, and paddle further on others. That is what addressed my abdominal fat. It will tone you up without putting on lean mass. To do that you need to lift heavy - either push the body weight exercises harder and harder (beyond Mark's level 4) or lift weights. To put this in context, not lifting heavy for a long time, I am lean and have good tone but my BMI is only 22. If you want to put on some beef you definitely need the lifting heavy
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Here's what to do:

As Peril said above, be sure to get in lots of low-impact exercise: walking, kayaking, biking, etc. At least 3-4 hours per week. I know that seems counterintuitive for your body composition, but it's very helpful to constantly move.

More importantly, begin a strength training routine. You do NOT need to join this Hollywood Physique non-sense. There are plenty of FREE strength training routines online that you can follow and see results from.

Your $150 will be much better spent on a gym membership.

The two strength training routines I recommend are Rippetoe's Starting Strength and StrongLifts 5x5.

I've personally gone through Starting Strength and highly recommend it.
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    My question was about how long have you been unhealthy. It will take time to begin healing appreciably. Until then, don't expect much visible change.

I did Mark's PBF for some months and saw definite improvement in physique. However, I saw better improvement by sticking to a clean antiinflammatory diet and moving a lot. I walk 6km most days, and paddle further on others. That is what addressed my abdominal fat. It will tone you up without putting on lean mass. To do that you need to lift heavy - either push the body weight exercises harder and harder (beyond Mark's level 4) or lift weights. To put this in context, not lifting heavy for a long time, I am lean and have good tone but my BMI is only 22. If you want to put on some beef you definitely need the lifting heavy
    I was on grains, meat and veg for many years, also many years as low fat cos I thought the same as most others. Push ups Im still only at level 2 with 46 reps, pull ups level 5 at 11 reps, squats back to level 2 with 15kg barbell for 44 reps, planks still level 2... I do it 3 days a week a sprint once a week. Usually a day or 2 off in between.

That Hollywood thing, they don't give away a lot but they say the lifting heavy is pointless because it adds muscle anywhere instead of trying to make the visual muscles stand out more. I've tried the lifting heavy in the past several times and it hasn't worked for me. But those times I was also a grain, meat, veg, low fat eater...

Quote Originally Posted by paul119 View Post
    More importantly, begin a strength training routine.

I would consider doing one of these again now with this changed diet but theres something wrong with the joint between one of my ribs and the sternum from a bad stretch while sitting an exam, something went click in November last year and its still not better, chest presses aggravate it as do dips, Dr says its probably inflammation... Also one of my adductor muscles got torn during a previous heavy weight routine mid last year and it still feels as though a heavy weight would screw it up again. The PB routine doesn't seem to aggravate either problem.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Check out Greg O'Gallagher at Kinobody. Lots of good free tips and tutorials for the sort of physique you are looking for. No big layout of cash if you don't want to buy his books.

Kinobody Fitness Systems

Quote Originally Posted by paul119 View Post
    More importantly, begin a strength training routine. The two strength training routines I recommend are Rippetoe's Starting Strength and StrongLifts 5x5.

Thing is with those routines, they're plastered everywhere on bodybuilding.com... The Rippitoe guy and many other advocates of these programs, not wishing to offend anyone, but they are fugly. That is not the body I want, they just look fat. I don't overly care about being able to lift a car, I just want to look good.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Check out Greg O'Gallagher at Kinobody. Lots of good free tips and tutorials for the sort of physique you are looking for. No big layout of cash if you don't want to buy his books.

Kinobody Fitness Systems
    How old is he, 12?... God I feel old ��
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Giving your body a chance to heal by eating correctly and increasing the movement as was suggested will work if you are patient. If two months is all you are willing to give it, then it won't. This is a process and some people have further to go before seeing cosmetic results.

You say you haven't been successful ever to date. Many of us have had long term success with this plan but it is up to you to work it and listen to the advice you have asked for. Best of luck whatever you decide--I encourage you to at least give it half a year before moving on to the next thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast