Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone familiar with "The Hollywood Physique". Been Primal with no change. page 2

boomingno is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by danhaych View Post
    Thing is with those routines, they're plastered everywhere on bodybuilding.com... The Rippitoe guy and many other advocates of these programs, not wishing to offend anyone, but they are fugly. That is not the body I want, they just look fat. I don't overly care about being able to lift a car, I just want to look good.
    StrongLifts 5x5: Ultimate Strength & Muscle Building Program StrongLifts

Check out the sidebar... plenty of testimonials from people who are not fat :P

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Thing is with those routines, they're plastered everywhere on bodybuilding.com... The Rippitoe guy and many other advocates of these programs, not wishing to offend anyone, but they are fugly. That is not the body I want, they just look fat. I don't overly care about being able to lift a car, I just want to look good.
    I agree. I read an article on T-Nation about butt exercises. At the top of the page was a photo of a slender woman with the shapeliest ass on Earth. I was like, yeah, I want that!

And all the exercises were illustrated by a big, burly guy I wouldn't want to look anything like.

on the scale of zero to you-seriously-don't-get-it.. you seriously don't get it.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    on the scale of zero to you-seriously-don't-get-it.. you seriously don't get it.
    Agree. OP, go and REALLY do a Starting Strength type program for many months. Eat clean Primal. There's basically zero chance you'll either look like a bodybuilder or look "fat".

I lift VERY heavy things several times a week, and I look like comic book Spiderman. No one's ever said I'm "too big" or "fat" or anything else.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Ripptoe is also 57. Just because you think he looks fat doesn't mean that you'll look like him if you do Starting Strength.

I recommend Crossfit. Find a good box. They will beat you into shape. However, you may not like it if all you care about is appearance. Most people I know who really like Crossfit care about performance more than appearance. Most people also care about appearance, of course. But if ALL you care about is appearance, you may have a hard time with a lot of things. This is because performance improvements happen more quickly than improvements in appearance so if all you care about is appearance, you might quickly decide that it's not worth the effort.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    67 kg's?

Starting strength was written for guys like you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12