Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this diet complete? (Newbie) page 2

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    I'd say no milk, yes cheese and cream, you can eat varieties of squash, butter is good if you doesn't hurt your stomach, and fruit is good! Try coconut oil (it's my new favorite thing). You don't have to limit yourself to lean meat. Just no processed meat. Fresh as you can get it! Olives, fresh herbs, and berries are loaded with fantastic health benefits!

Good luck!

Also on the Internet you can find great primal and Paleo recipe blogs to help you with ideas.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    (Yoga11)

Thanks for the info, so cheese and cream and similar are better than milk, got it.

Still, I'm not convinced that fruit is good...

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    Well, I just get some already sliced vegetables, clean them and prepare the salad, 1-2 minutes of preparation. Didn't pumpkin and sweet potatoes and carrots contain sugars?

(I'll add onions and mushrooms to my salads)

Yes, though I don't like pizza and cake too much and I don't have friends
    Re the veges, yes I grant you a salad simple to assemble. But it is hard work to eat, compared to a nice spoonful of mashed spiced and buttered kumara for example. Just adding raw onions and mushrooms to a salad will not do as much for your enjoyment of them as frying them up in butter and then adding your beaten eggs to make a mini omelette, as another example.

Food is more than fuel, it is worth the preparation to create something delicious that we can sit down and really enjoy consuming, ideally with other people. If you learn to make a really delicious dish whatever it may be - butter chicken, pumpkin soup, cheesecake - then it can become your signature dish and you can become famous for it within your family.

Re having no friends, this is a sad situation, it may take a long time to develop true friends but still you should make a point of doing something in company with other people, even just going somewhere that others also go to hang out for a bit. And if it ends up that someone gives you a piece of cake then just eat it, it won't ruin your diet and will help create connections with others.

alyx727 is offline Junior Member
    Yes, berries and fruit do contain sugars, but they are also high in anti oxidants (blackberries, blueberries). Citrus has vitamin C, just don't overdo them. Small doses = necessary antiox's, high doses = too much fructose! The whole moderation thing works well with organic, natural foods.. Just keep away from processed.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Calcium you say? why not make bone broth? you can drink it straight or cook with it and it is full of all kinds of minerals. I dont think you need worry about calcium eating paleo. Too much iron maybe but Calcium? naaa.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Re the veges, yes I grant you a salad simple to assemble. But it is hard work to eat, compared to a nice spoonful of mashed spiced and buttered kumara for example. Just adding raw onions and mushrooms to a salad will not do as much for your enjoyment of them as frying them up in butter and then adding your beaten eggs to make a mini omelette, as another example.
    So, you mean that instead of adding them to salad I could fry them in butter and... wait, frying things isn't unhealthy?

Food is more than fuel, it is worth the preparation to create something delicious that we can sit down and really enjoy consuming, ideally with other people. If you learn to make a really delicious dish whatever it may be - butter chicken, pumpkin soup, cheesecake - then it can become your signature dish and you can become famous for it within your family.
    Interesting...

Re having no friends, this is a sad situation, it may take a long time to develop true friends but still you should make a point of doing something in company with other people, even just going somewhere that others also go to hang out for a bit. And if it ends up that someone gives you a piece of cake then just eat it, it won't ruin your diet and will help create connections with others.
    Well, most non-introverted people see this situation as sad, personally I'm perfectly fine, I enjoy isolation and I have a lot of things to do in my free time, like thinking, reading, writing and improving my lifestyle. I don't even know what is exactly "friendship".
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 04-28-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alyx727 View Post
    Yes, berries and fruit do contain sugars, but they are also high in anti oxidants (blackberries, blueberries). Citrus has vitamin C, just don't overdo them. Small doses = necessary antiox's, high doses = too much fructose! The whole moderation thing works well with organic, natural foods.. Just keep away from processed.
    I can't find berries anywhere, and about citrus, how much is too much? I usually eat 1 lemon a day, is that too much or not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Calcium you say? why not make bone broth? you can drink it straight or cook with it and it is full of all kinds of minerals. I dont think you need worry about calcium eating paleo. Too much iron maybe but Calcium? naaa.
    Bone broth? Yes, I've heard of it, do you know the recipe by chance?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

Well, most non-introverted people see this situation as sad, personally I'm perfectly fine, I enjoy loneliness and I have a lot of things to do in my free time, like thinking, reading, writing and improving my lifestyle. I don't even know what is exactly "friendship".
    I believe what you mean is that you enjoy being alone.
    Being alone and being lonely are two very different things.
    I agree that one can actually be quite happy mostly alone. I too am not all that gregarious an individual.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    (Yoga11)

Thanks for the info, so cheese and cream and similar are better than milk, got it.

Still, I'm not convinced that fruit is good...
    You can order the cod liver oil online. Milk is good if it's raw, if you can't get it (no local dairy farmers?) go for yogurt, this is a living food again.
    well then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast