Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: high fruit and nut diet vs fat/meat. page

mrsj111 is offline Junior Member

high fruit and nut diet vs fat/meat.

first i want to say im not on a 100% primal diet, i just try to incorporate a lot of it into my diet when i can (i travel a ton and just cannot eat 100% primal when im traveling, tried it and it hurt the performance of my job, i was just taking too much time and concentrating too much on sticking to it instead of what i should be concentrating on)
    but i did make it about a month over the winter when i had a little break.

anyway's.. I just wanted to see what you think about my experience with some different diets ive tried.

awhile ago i tried a fruit and nut diet, where id eat only fruits and nuts from when i woke up till dinner, then for dinner id eat whatever i wanted, sometimes pretty healthy, sometimes pretty unhealthy. what i noticed on this diet was that i felt very energetic, i did it for maybe 8 days, and after day 3 or so i was waking up in the morning with lots of energy and had no energy fluctuations during the day. even when i ate crap for dinner id wake up with tons of energy, and managed to loose a little weight over those 8 days. i also found this diet pretty easy to do, i love fruit and nuts, and it always helped to know that i could eat whatever i wanted at dinner.

now when i went 100% primal for about a month, i lost more weight, (though i was on this diet a bit longer) but i also was eating a bit less in actual calories. i felt pretty good, but didnt have as much energy, sometimes felt like i needed a mid day nap, even when i wasnt low on overal calories.

so has anyone experienced a similar result? i feel like i personally feel and perform better on mostly fruit, and some nuts/veggies, limited meat and protein. rather than my primal diet, which was mostly eggs, and all sorts of meat, more veggies than fruit.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    People who go on raw fruitarian diets often lose weight and gain what feels like boundless energy. Almost all of the weight lost is lean body mass, and the energy is the body trying to convince the person to go out and kill something.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I think if you replaced the nuts part with cheese and did fruit + cheese (or whole milk) until dinner you'd have even better results, if you tolerate dairy, of course. Nuts have a ton of PUFAs, but if you do dairy, then cheese is a great way to get protein and vitamin k2. I think what you're doing is ok, but quality dairy would be better than nuts, IMO.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Z0oom is offline Member
    Yea, I was eating enormous amounts of fruits and nuts as a vegetarian. Then I realized that most of my energy was coming from sugars, and the healthy fats I was eating were just sitting there not getting used up on my belly.

Today I was working out in the garden all day and I was brought an avocado from my sister that tasted like heaven. While you dont feel the sugar high, I feel as if I was eating pure fuel for my body and more sustained energy came from it than say, an apple. And the whole staying in ketosis thing, and the whole inflammatory properties of certain nuts if not prepared correctly....and thats if you find some not tossed in some cheap oil. For me its just easiest to stick to soaked almonds or nothing when it comes to nuts. And fruits, like once or twice a day, unless its carb refeed day.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    People who go on raw fruitarian diets often lose weight and gain what feels like boundless energy. Almost all of the weight lost is lean body mass, and the energy is the body trying to convince the person to go out and kill something.
    Dumbest post ever. Fruitarians have way better physiques then then primal eater by far. They are actually lean, if they ate just a bit of animal products, they would be some of the healthiest people on the planet. Secondly, what do fruitarians have to do with this guys post? Just another lame attempt at carbophobia.

To the OP, yes, almost everyone seems to do better when they add some fruit to their diet and downplay the meat/fat a bit. No doubt you have more energy eating a good amount of fruit, not only are you getting a perfect fuel (fruit sugar) but fruit is alive, raw, full if nutriants and enzymes and water. As for the nuts, im not a fan but if they work for you then keep at it.

mrsj111 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z0oom View Post
    Yea, I was eating enormous amounts of fruits and nuts as a vegetarian. Then I realized that most of my energy was coming from sugars, and the healthy fats I was eating were just sitting there not getting used up on my belly.

Today I was working out in the garden all day and I was brought an avocado from my sister that tasted like heaven. While you dont feel the sugar high, I feel as if I was eating pure fuel for my body and more sustained energy came from it than say, an apple. And the whole staying in ketosis thing, and the whole inflammatory properties of certain nuts if not prepared correctly....and thats if you find some not tossed in some cheap oil. For me its just easiest to stick to soaked almonds or nothing when it comes to nuts. And fruits, like once or twice a day, unless its carb refeed day.
    the thing is ive pretty much never been effected by sugar, like i never got sugar high's from drinking soda or candy or whatever, even as a kid. i mean, a couple years ago when i had just gotten my first taste of "freedom" at college, i could eat literally pounds of candy a day, maybe a soda or two, etc.. and yeah, when i absolutely loaded up on sugar, i could feel it, but not in a sugar high way, i could feel it hit and id get super groggy and "meh" feeling.

so i dont know if id call it a sugar high, especially when im waking up in the morning super energized, 8+ hours after eating anything, especially when the last thing id eaten was for dinner and NOT fruits and nuts.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Dumbest post ever. Fruitarians have way better physiques then then primal eater by far. They are actually lean, if they ate just a bit of animal products, they would be some of the healthiest people on the planet. Secondly, what do fruitarians have to do with this guys post? Just another lame attempt at carbophobia.
    I've yet to see a healthy-looking fruitarian, though I mainly just imagine durianrider when I think fruitarian. Are there any healthy-looking fruitarians? Got pics?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I've yet to see a healthy-looking fruitarian, though I mainly just imagine durianrider when I think fruitarian. Are there any healthy-looking fruitarians? Got pics?

my waifu

I prefer junkfoodatarians though

Last edited by Derpamix; 04-28-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    nihil

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Both of those underweight young girls fail to impress me.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Different tastes, I guess you like husky women. I like underweight women best by a considerable margin.
    nihil

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast