Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: high fruit and nut diet vs fat/meat. page 3

  1. #21
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,426
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Dumbest post ever. Fruitarians have way better physiques then then primal eater by far. They are actually lean, if they ate just a bit of animal products, they would be some of the healthiest people on the planet. Secondly, what do fruitarians have to do with this guys post? Just another lame attempt at carbophobia.
    Guess you like them skinny-fat. But then, a lot of young guys like soft, flimsy-looking women. Fruitarians have no muscle tone, given that they eat next to no protein.

    I assure you I have even less respect for you than you have for me. Yeah, this post of yours was really dumb. But then, I'm a woman, so you couldn't possibly have any respect for me. You have to call me stupid. It's part of your nature.

  2. #22
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,916
    Many times the reason people feel really good on a fruit diet or a raw vegan diet is because they are really on the richest high protein and saturated fat diet they've ever been on, because the body is eating its own muscle and fat.

    I bet if you travel a lot you might feel really good eating steak and fried eggs for breakfast, skip the hash browns and toast and having the heart-healthy plate of fish + vegetables or steak + vegetables for lunch and/or dinner. In this way you could eat at Denny's, IHop, Sizzler or other similar restaurants.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

  3. #23
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Guess you like them skinny-fat. But then, a lot of young guys like soft, flimsy-looking women. Fruitarians have no muscle tone, given that they eat next to no protein.

    I assure you I have even less respect for you than you have for me. Yeah, this post of yours was really dumb. But then, I'm a woman, so you couldn't possibly have any respect for me. You have to call me stupid. It's part of your nature.
    They're not skinny fat, they're just skinny. I'm ~8% bodyfat with nearly no muscle tone.

    Please don't play the feminist victim card, it's kinda pathetic and kills your argument before it starts. Your gender has nothing to do with anything until you make it so
    nihil

  4. #24
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,775
    I think it's possible to be healthy on a high fruit diet, if you make sure your limited meat is of the highest nutrient density. Case-in-point, Denise Minger, who is 100 times hotter than Derpy's example.

  5. #25
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think it's possible to be healthy on a high fruit diet, if you make sure your limited meat is of the highest nutrient density. Case-in-point, Denise Minger, who is 100 times hotter than Derpy's example.
    Denise Mingers diet is one i would recommend to anyone. Way healthier then a low carb meat and eggs diet. I certainly wouldnt advocate a fruitarian diet but as someone who has researched the lifestyle i can say that the majority of them are way healthier then the majority of paleo eaters. Too bad everyone has to ho to extremes based on religious like beliefs in their diet.

    Ek: no i like them skinny skinny, preferably with a bit of muscle. Abs dont bother me. Funny how judgement you are of others peoples bodies, considering. And like Derp said, gender had nothing to do with it. Your post was rediculous because of how judgemental and narrow minded you are of other people dietary choices. The majority of people i associate with here are women, hardly a sexist pig.

  6. #26
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Denise Mingers diet is one i would recommend to anyone. Way healthier then a low carb meat and eggs diet.
    I don't buy into the anti-low carb stuff, because I know how much success I had with it. It does seem to help some people regain metabolic normalcy, even if carbs aren't the cause of metabolic problems in the first place (a hypothesis to which I've frequently called the Kitavans a black swan).

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I certainly wouldnt advocate a fruitarian diet
    Glad to hear it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    but as someone who has researched the lifestyle i can say that the majority of them are way healthier then the majority of paleo eaters.
    Surprised to hear it. Can you elaborate on how they're healthier? Is it because you think all low carbers have thyroid issues, or some other reason? I know you're smart enough not to fear saturated fats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Too bad everyone has to ho to extremes based on religious like beliefs in their diet.
    I agree with this with the caveat that some people need to vacillate to the extreme end of one spectrum or another to get themselves out of bad habits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Ek: no i like them skinny skinny, preferably with a bit of muscle. Abs dont bother me.

  7. #27
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,810
    You know there is a reason I don't beat the "low carb is the only healthy option" drum to death even though it works very well for me and I see great potential in it for various people. Its because there are plenty examples of societies and people who are not low carb that are relatively healthy (all assuming relatively primal sources). The only issue I have with higher carb proponents is that they cant take this same logic and reverse it..... even though its right out there just as clearly. It seems that each group finds it necessary to invalidate the other to prove their way is the "right way" whatever the hell that is. I usually find myself defending low carb as a viable option rather than pushing it as the only one..... there is a big difference.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-28-2013 at 02:56 PM.

  8. #28
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I usually find myself defending low carb as a viable option rather than pushing it as the only one..... there is a big difference.
    100% agree.

  9. #29
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    You eat quite a bit more carbs then the traditional VLC'r. You do refeeds, correct? Kitavans arent the only high carbohydrate society that is in great health. Most asians eat the majority of calories from rice and are very lean.

    No saturated fat fearing here. I think thy are healthier because their diet excludes pufa, AGE's, chemicals and seeds/grains. Because they avoid all animal products i think the majority do fall into some trouble with fat soluble vitamins and b12. I in no way think they are as healthy as they could be but eating a diet of mostly raw organic fruit really does seem to do wonders for skin, digestion, body composition. There also seems to be quite te detox effect and of course losing all the excess fat is insanely healthy. Usually they fail at eating enough calories and that is when the trouble starts. The majority of paleo followers are obese and sick and a diet very heavy in the things i mentioned above does not help their situations. I do think there is a correct way to low carb, very few understand this though.

  10. #30
    Sandra in BC's Avatar
    Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,102
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    now when i went 100% primal for about a month, i lost more weight, (though i was on this diet a bit longer) but i also was eating a bit less in actual calories. i felt pretty good, but didnt have as much energy, sometimes felt like i needed a mid day nap, even when i wasnt low on overal calories.
    Since you don't say exactly what "100% primal" looks like on your plate, I'm going to assume that means you cut down on the % of nuts and fruits in your diet (both of which are primal BTW) and probably lowered the amount of carbohydrates in your diet substantially. Lower carb could result in less 'instant energy'.

    Primal doesn't have to mean low carb. If fruits and nuts taste good and make you feel good, why not include them?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

    There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

    DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •