Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: high fruit and nut diet vs fat/meat. page 2

  1. #11
    Heth's Avatar
    Heth is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    97
    Primal Fuel
    It's normal to feel a bit low when you switch to Primal - you are 'switching fuels'. After a few weeks or even a few more is when most people start to feel great.

    I personally felt great when I first started a high-fruit diet. I stayed on it for 2 years and ended up emaciated and in hospital because I had so little energy. I stuck with it because I thought it was "natural" but it was wrecking my health. Then being in hospital for months wrecked my health in a different way. Although I am still losing a little of the excess weight I gained in hospital over two years ago, after a year of Primal I look and feel way more healthy than when I was eating heaps of fruit. I was just looking through my photos from fruity days and although I looked like I was going to snap in half my face was really puffy. High-fruit works for a handful of people but fails many. I will never go there again and when someone raises the idea of trying it I get scared for them.
    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

  2. #12
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Derp! I eat a my weight in cooked animals. Why don't my eyes looks like murky swamp water?
    eyes.jpg
    Could you ask your girlfriend for me? Thanks!

    @OP - I would be careful with so many nuts. High PUFA content + lectins can be inflammatory and cause gut problems. I wouldn't really recommend making them a large part of your diet.
    Last edited by ombat; 04-28-2013 at 01:27 AM.

  3. #13
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,421
    I just googled fruitarian and feel like barfing. I just saw skeletons. Lots of skeletons.


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  4. #14
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Derp! I eat a my weight in cooked animals. Why don't my eyes looks like murky swamp water?
    eyes.jpg
    Could you ask your girlfriend for me? Thanks!

    @OP - I would be careful with so many nuts. High PUFA content + lectins can be inflammatory and cause gut problems. I wouldn't really recommend making them a large part of your diet.
    dopamine inhibiting melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH) which stimulates melanocytes, which produces melanin. Lighter color eyes and skin usually indicates a deficiency in melanin, which is probably caused by dopamine which inhibits serotonin. Meat contains ample amounts of tryptophan, which are mediators for melatonin and melanin which would explain darker pigmentation in eyes and skin in those who eat lots of meat.

    Didn't ask her, this is my own opinion. Not sure what she thinks, didn't sound like she really knew why her eyes changed colors though.

    As for your eyes, maybe you're balancing out the tryptophan in some way or maybe just genetics. My eyes are pretty dark, so is my hair, but my skin is super pale.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 04-28-2013 at 01:39 AM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

  5. #15
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I just googled fruitarian and feel like barfing. I just saw skeletons. Lots of skeletons.
    Not everyone likes being thick dude, or considers that healthy. I'm sure they feel good about their weight, otherwise they'd be getting thicker via paleo or something. Fruitarians are only really missing b12, choline, some protein, and fat soluble vitamins. Which could be easily remedied through eating eggs, dairy and shellfish. Not sure why anyone goes for a really restrictive diet, never works out.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

  6. #16
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    dopamine inhibiting melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH) which stimulates melanocytes, which produces melanin. Lighter color eyes and skin usually indicates a deficiency in melanin, which is probably caused by dopamine which inhibits serotonin. Meat contains ample amounts of tryptophan, which are mediators for melatonin and melanin which would explain darker pigmentation in eyes and skin in those who eat lots of meat.

    Didn't ask her, this is my own opinion. Not sure what she thinks, didn't sound like she really knew why her eyes changed colors though.

    As for your eyes, maybe you're balancing out the tryptophan in some way or maybe just genetics. My eyes are pretty dark, so is my hair, but my skin is super pale.
    Oh, I'm sorry, her answer was "My Pure Soul". Not doing so well on the Newlywed Game.

    That was actually quite informative... Which I was not expecting. Thank you Derp.

    Fruitarians are only really missing b12, choline, some protein, and fat soluble vitamins.
    Sound so blasť.

  7. #17
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, her answer was "My Pure Soul". Not doing so well on the Newlywed Game.

    That was actually quite informative... Which I was not expecting. Thank you Derp.
    She really said that? Ahahaha... Yeah, my soul is too impure for her. It would never work out.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

  8. #18
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    She really said that? Ahahaha... Yeah, my soul is too impure for her. It would never work out.
    And her pure colon. Is your colon pure enough for her?

  9. #19
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    And her pure colon. Is your colon pure enough for her?
    Of course.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

  10. #20
    counterpuncher's Avatar
    counterpuncher is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    N.J.
    Posts
    259
    If a high fruit/nut diet seems to work for you, then go with it.
    It may not work for you forever, and you may have to make adjustments down the road, but you may as well ride it out and see where it takes you.
    People who think that any one style of dieting/eating is right for everyone are only fooling themselves.
    If something works for you, then stick with it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •