Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macro-nutrients Guide page

straving2death is offline Junior Member

Wink Macro-nutrients Guide

Shop Now
    should i eat 50% fat and 40% protein and 10% carbs -- would that be ok?

not for fitness or losing gaining weight or anything. just for whatever i healthy

looking for reliable, scientific studies only

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I thought you were starving to death? Eat more carbs, don't be stupid. Try the reverse: 50/40/10 c/p/f
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Wink

nobody say this was for me. i obviously have a big starving problem (hardly ate anything today).

for the answer given, what are the scientific studies or sources that support that claim? that's what is definitely needed.
    Last edited by straving2death; 04-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Low carb diets cause cortisol secretion among many other adverse effects(such as it being an inefficient process in which 6 molecules of ATP are needed before your body can create glucose to use) and excess cortisol causes bloating, weight gain, uneven body fat distribution, etc etc

Stress and body shape: stress-induced ... [Psychosom Med. 2000 Sep-Oct] - PubMed - NCBI
    Stress-induced cortisol, mood, and fat distribution... [Obes Res. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20368473
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Wink

huh interesting.. any good guides? instead of having to look through each and every combination of those Macro-nutrients, and seeing why each combination have negative effects, and whatever option we're left with is the good one (just because it has no or the least negative effects)

that single good guide would help clear everything up (on this topic).
    Last edited by straving2death; 04-27-2013 at 03:48 PM.

There are no guides because it varies wildly between each individual person. One thing is certain is that everyone needs some level of carbs, and I would get no lower than 33(33/33/33 nice symmetry), protein for thyroid and musculoskeletal health, and a bit of fat to slow carbohydrates and protein from entering the blood stream as well as absorption of fat soluble vitamins.

Wink

"wildly between each individual person"

-- if they have conditions.
    -- so we're talking about the average person without any diseases or conditions that would largely affect what is recommended as "healthy" for those few people.

there may not be any guides, especially a really good single guide filtering out all the info. but there probably is a study about what % normal people should be eating.

if there isn't, then everyone (who follows these "widely spread recommendations") are eating based off of tradition and custom, supported by absolutely no concrete evidence

and in that case, most ppl like me should probably just eat (plan was to make a stable meal with the "right" Macro-nutrients proportions). then i won't have to be needing to clarify on these nutritional things. far more fun i feel.
    Last edited by straving2death; 04-27-2013 at 04:15 PM.

If the person is healthy without a compromised glucose metabolism or thyroid then they should definitely just eat normal and probably not even bother macronutrient counting. I know I don't.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    There's reliable epidemiological evidence for just about every macro breakdown there is EXCEPT that almost all societies eat protein in the 10-30% range. Fat and Carbs are in varying amounts and you can find a traditional culture exhibiting rather excellent health at both ends of the spectrum. The thing that is most noticeable in the traditional and HG tribes that exhibit health is the foods they all DON'T eat.... refined sugar, wheat, vegetable oils ect.....

Biochemically we can theorize on why one vs another macro breakdown would be best for your particular health goals, but then thats all part of the N=1 that we all find ourselves in.

As far as the stress bit... low CALORIE is stressful. But we've done this dance before so thats all I'll post on that.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-27-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You need a guide?
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast