Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women...is there a need for potatoes for fertility health? page 3

ombat is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldensparrow View Post
    Yeah I'm in quite a pickle. I have digestive issues that caused me to do zero carb as well for awhile. Then it turned out to be fodmaps but it was too late. I had lost my cycle and ate SAD to regain it. Right now I want to have a second baby but I'm feeling crummy on a high starch diet and most fruit doesn't sit well with me which leaves me with very low carb or carb cycling perhaps.

I also took my fasting blood sugar this morning and it was 92.....another sign that things aren't going well. I used to be around 70 to 80 before pregnancy.
    There are plenty of sugars that are low-no FODMAP and there are easy ways to consume them. Buy a juicer and juice carrots, melons, citrus fruits, pineapples, mangoes, etc. This should be easy on your stomach. You'd probably also tolerate maple syrup and coconut sugar.

What starches are you eating?

diene is offline Senior Member
    I think menstruation and fertility problems are usually caused by persistent negative energy balance rather than macro ratios. So if you're not consuming enough calories to support your activity level, you may run into fertility problems regardless of your macros. See, for example, the SHU box: TTC That's a blogger I used to follow (and still do from time to time). She's a runner and definitely not low carb, but she ran a lot and ate very little (based on pictures of the food she posted--I always thought that I could eat 2-4 times the amount of food on her plate). She cut down on her running and gained five pounds and eventually got pregnant.

A friend of mine had similar problems as the blogger above. She didn't get her period after stopping birth control pills. She had success with accupuncture (conceived after 2 months of treatment). You have to find a good accupunturist though. Not all of them know what they're doing.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    I think menstruation and fertility problems are usually caused by persistent negative energy balance rather than macro ratios. So if you're not consuming enough calories to support your activity level, you may run into fertility problems regardless of your macros.
    +1 Totally agree, for underweight women. I have seen lots of underweight women play around with their macros with no success. Gain a few pounds and voila!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123