Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Benefits From Primal Living page

paul119 is offline Senior Member

What Are Your Benefits From Primal Living

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I'm trying to amass a comprehensive list of benefits that Primal/Paleo followers have received from implementing this nutritional lifestyle. I'm primarily looking for the benefits you've received from changing your DIET - although I understand it may be difficult to separate diet from the remaining factors (fitness, more time outdoors, etc.)

Here's a short list I've already come up with:

- Sleep like a baby
    - Look good naked - sex appeal explodes
    - Health issues, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity, are a thing of the past
    - No more medications! Followers are now completely reliant on the FOOD mother nature provides to improve health markers
    - Sex drive skyrockets

What other ones can YOU think of/have you experienced?
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Smooth skin

Calmer mood

Cravings and shakes gone.

Frank of Denmark is offline Junior Member
    One of the biggest benefits for me has been a change of perspective. I got fired along with 3 co-workers last friday. The taxi company that i work for have lost a lot of work to a cheaper, and in my opinion, inferior contractor. I have seen this coming for at least a year, because of the slowly declining amount of work. My last day with my current employer is may 19th. I used to be terrified, because the unskilled jobs dont just grow on the bushes around here. Now, it still sucks, but it is not the end of the world. I have unemployment insurance, i will do just fine.
    I tend to think more in terms of opportunities. I have a couple of windows that needs replacing, and instead of cursing my lack of handyman skills and the cost of a constractor, i will do it myself. Sure, it will take more time, but when i am done it will be a permanent reminder of my success.
    I am more energetic.
    The sexappeal is not quite there yet, i still have pounds to lose. I will get there.

Best wishes to all of you.

Frank

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    I don't get sleepy during the afternoons at work now that my lunches are almost exclusively salads and meat instead of sandwiches.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I'm still alive, walking and talking.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm Lost 100 plus lbs, no more diabetes, no more weird rashes, no more major depressive and anxiety ridden episodes. No more BP issues and off meds. Sex drive all the time high now as opposed to no sex drive at all ever. Better energy and sleep and positive outlook.

Do I need more?
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Medication free and free of the pain induced by the meds
    Energetic through day
    Good weight (lost 12kg)
    Clear sinuses for first time in over two decades
    Clear, smooth skin
    Sleep well
    Most recent stress exercise test had me in the fittest bracket for my age. I've never been an athlete
    Easily able to fast when no good food options available
    Bowel movements easy and clean (very little need for toilet paper)
    Don't suffer from the usual colds and flus (might get a little run down but never the full blown symptoms)

I've been doing this for three and a half years now. No way would I change
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Timbobaggins is offline Junior Member
    Well, I'm only a week in so it's difficult to say but I have noticed a few things, I'm sleeping like a baby, I mean I can sleep 9 hours non-stop pretty much, I haven't been able to do that in a long long time, and it's a very stressful period at the moment too!, my skin is smoother, breathing through my nose seems to be easier, bowel movements have been regular and typically once a day for those that care, haha.

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Hell yeah!

I'm loving all these powerful (and detailed) responses.

Let's keep 'em coming!

@FrankofDenmark: Just ride the wave, my friend. Sorry to hear about your recent job loss, but with your positive outlook, I'm sure good vibes will be coming your way soon

@Cryptocode: Always a plus!

@WarmBear: That's incredible, man! Congrats on all your progress. I'm sure the internal feeling of success beats ANY external compliments you've received.

@Peril: Right there with ya...nearly three years now, and I can't imagine my life without this transformative change. I wouldn't be near the person I am today!

@TimboBaggins: WOW! If you've already seen THAT much progress in one week, you're gonna be blown away by what you'll experience in a months time!

@aspexil: Gotta love the standard bacon and eggs breakfast. Keep up the progress!
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Paleobird Guest
    lost 65 lbs, at goal weight now
    my knees don't hurt
    my feet aren't puffy
    I sleep really well
    I don't need to eat often
    I look good in and out of size 6's
    my skin does not look like I'm 51
    I have a really happy dog (he's gone grain free too plus lots of my table scraps)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast