Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Benefits From Primal Living page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I lost a little weight.
    Inflammation in my feet went away and I have no more pain.
    Arthritis was starting to form in my fingers. It's gone now.
    I don't get sunburned as easily.
    I feel warmer. I sleep really hot now.
    I'm lifting weights and building muscle. Feels good to be strong.
    I feel like a million bucks most of the time rather than how I always described life as swimming through molasses.
    If I eat meat and vegetables I can eat as much as I want. I no longer have to starve or practice "chronic restrained eating" to maintain my weight.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank of Denmark View Post
    One of the biggest benefits for me has been a change of perspective. I got fired along with 3 co-workers last friday. The taxi company that i work for have lost a lot of work to a cheaper, and in my opinion, inferior contractor. I have seen this coming for at least a year, because of the slowly declining amount of work. My last day with my current employer is may 19th. I used to be terrified, because the unskilled jobs dont just grow on the bushes around here. Now, it still sucks, but it is not the end of the world. I have unemployment insurance, i will do just fine.
    I tend to think more in terms of opportunities. I have a couple of windows that needs replacing, and instead of cursing my lack of handyman skills and the cost of a constractor, i will do it myself. Sure, it will take more time, but when i am done it will be a permanent reminder of my success.
    I am more energetic.
    The sexappeal is not quite there yet, i still have pounds to lose. I will get there.

Best wishes to all of you.

Frank
    Hej Frank,

I am with you on this. I actually DECIDED to leave my job, 1st November at the latest. I am no longer afraid of taking this kind of initiative. I want to thrive, not stress all of the time about a vague and insubstantial threat of losing some kind of relative comfort. I am not sure what I will do but it will be much more outdoor and physical. Maybe some kind of farming ...

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    In addition to all the benefits already mentioned I don't feel fatalistic about getting older. I know now the body is resilient.
    I feel 20+ years younger, I'm stronger than I've ever been. It feels pretty good to finally in my 50s to be able to do things I've never before been able to do: push ups and chin-ups.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    -more energy to workout
    -I actually enjoy working out, due to said energy
    -period cramps almost entirely gone
    -skin healthier
    -no more digestive issues
    I'm sure all the more obvious ones have been mentioned anyway, so no need to repeat fat loss, reduced inflammation...etc
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I can exercise again.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Definitely want to +1 on the emotional regulation thing. I definitely feel way more even- and smooth-tempered. Far more able to appreciate quiet and down time without being restless.

Metabolic function restored.

I've seen two women take up this way of eating following my example (never pushed either one) and they both almost immediately began looking younger/more radiant.

Brain works better. Probably goes along with the first one, but I can focus and concentrate far better than I did before.

And it's hard to separate it entirely from getting my physical house in order, but abs instead of a beer belly.

I tan now when I used to only burn.

I'll try to post again as I think of more.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah I had the positive mood changes too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Sefton is offline Member
    Went from bouncing between 196-200 lbs to bouncing between 191-194 - no change except switch to primal.
    Much more even keel for over-all mood day in day out. Energy level is more lasting.
    Better sleep.
    Less snacking.
    Blood profile improved - trigycerides plummeted.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    This seems to be uncommon but I spend so much less money on food now. I only get hungry 1-2 times per day and I know how to chop and heat and store things.

I cringe when I look back at what I used to spend on Raisin Bran, juice, and vending machine pretzels to survive the morning followed by the inevitable restaurant takeout since I found grocery stores and my own kitchen appliances thoroughly puzzling.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    - i lost 8 lbs and gained an extremely glasshour shaped figure
    - my feet are no longer puffy, I accept the wonkiness
    - I don't stress about when to eat and what I eat, even when it is a non-primal indulge
    - My skin improved, its glowing and i have less pimples
    - My kitten is happy with her new grain-free diet
    - I spend the same amount of money on food, because I no longer indulge in sweet last-minute buys but do indulge on bitter chocolate in moderation and bone broth.

But the most important one:
    - I feel more in control of my emotions and do no longer value 'work' before everything else or feel frantic about relations and decisions because of 'what others do or think'.
    If i do lose my job (again), I am not going to stress about it but using it as an opportunity to live another life and develop myself further. If that means not being able to pay the rent no longer, I'll be working on farms and ships again for just food/housing and finally write my book . I am in good health and have a very nice boyfriend and a few friends that i do love very dearly. I am happy and i wish that to all of you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast