Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Primal guide to tea... page 6

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another tea-related thing. If you ever find yourself looking at some Hong Kong Silk Stocking Tea (either fresh or canned), note that some places use filled milk instead of condensed or evaporated. This is significant because filled milk tends to be skim milk and vegetable oil, especially these days.

M.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Personally, I have been drinking a lot of yerba mate lately. I love that stuff too. Makes me feel relaxed and calm almost, which is amazing since per cup (tea wins by dry weight though), it has more caffeine than tea does by quite a bit.

Funny enough... 400 mg suntheanine (a particular way of processing theanine from tea for supplements) plus a bit of yerba mate, produces an almost euphoric calm in me. So tea still does kind of factor in when i want this felling i guess.

I'm sure I'll be back to my tea habit soon enough though.

Ah yes, L-Theanine's effect increases in potency as caffeine intake increases.

I've never had mate, unfortunately. I should see if I can make some up at home...

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Ah yes, L-Theanine's effect increases in potency as caffeine intake increases.

I've never had mate, unfortunately. I should see if I can make some up at home...

M.
    Mate is somewhere between coffee and tea on the caffeine scale. Also, it's combination of the caffeine with both theophylline and theobromine, as opposed to just a pure hit of caffeine (like coffee and tea), makes it a smoother, less jittery effect for a lot of people.

So, combine the smoother hit (which prevents jitters in some), with the potency of the suntheanine form of l-theanine, and the fact that yerba mate has a few chemicals in it that break the blood/brain barrier and stimulate a mood enhancing effect and... Lordy, if only yerba had l-theanine naturally like tea does.

I think... The PEA or "love molecule" and serotonin that is found in chocolate might make this combination even MORE awesome for mood enhancement, so maybe add a little bit of raw cacao poweder to your cup?

Ah, I'm getting into brain hacking here though. Totally off-topic!

Yeah, that sounds like something I need to try, the chocolate-in-mate-with-theanine bit.

"Black" tea has variable amounts of Theobromine as well. It's what gives many forms (especially Minhongs) their aroma. I wonder what the implications are there.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like something I need to try, the chocolate-in-mate-with-theanine bit.

"Black" tea has variable amounts of Theobromine as well. It's what gives many forms (especially Minhongs) their aroma. I wonder what the implications are there.

M.
    Seriously, I just tried it and I feel all blissful now. This is about 30 minutes after two cups or so of the stuff.

But I still love you tea!!!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I might more recommend an electric tea kettle. You can get one with actual temperature controls or you can simply get a "plug and boil" model. If you get the latter, let it hit a boil and then cool to your desired temperature.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up buying one and taking it on vacation with me. It was a life saver; I always had the ability to make a nice cup of tea any time day or night. Now that I'm back home I use it every day because it's so speedy.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Hey LV, hadn't seen you around a while.

M.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up buying one and taking it on vacation with me. It was a life saver; I always had the ability to make a nice cup of tea any time day or night. Now that I'm back home I use it every day because it's so speedy.
    Haha, well glad it helped ya.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456