Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Primal guide to tea... page 4

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, thereabouts to under fifty cents per cup sounds right.

Speaking of constant stimulation of the taste buds, I was at a Sheetz gas station tonight. Investigating the drinks section, I thought I'd seek out some Unsweetened tea of some description. Bottled tea is...not very flavorful...but I wasn't in the mood for water. There existed absolutely no unsweetened teas in that place. My choices were Diet (Aspartame or Sucralose, my choice), Sweet, Extra Sweet (!?), Peach and Raspberry.

M.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Yeah, thereabouts to under fifty cents per cup sounds right.

Speaking of constant stimulation of the taste buds, I was at a Sheetz gas station tonight. Investigating the drinks section, I thought I'd seek out some Unsweetened tea of some description. Bottled tea is...not very flavorful...but I wasn't in the mood for water. There existed absolutely no unsweetened teas in that place. My choices were Diet (Aspartame or Sucralose, my choice), Sweet, Extra Sweet (!?), Peach and Raspberry.

M.
    Yep, that's America for ya. *shrugs*

Hurrah!

Just got some wonderful Lu'an Gua Pian green tea leaves and some Tung-Ting oolong leaves which are fresh from China's new spring harvest of tea this year.

Oh, awesome. Going to be getting some of that myself...

M.

Oh, awesome. Going to be getting some of that myself...

M.
    Good, good!

Got anything specific in mind?

Not just yet. Got myself some more sencha and some kukicha in the mail the other day, though.

M.

Not just yet. Got myself some more sencha and some kukicha in the mail the other day, though.

M.
    Oh, very nice. I aim to get some GREAT tea when I head up to see my sister's doctoral graduation next week. It turns out one of the most famous tea shops in the country is located in her college town, she just told me a day or so ago.

Spent the afternoon sipping tea and reading about the life of Thomas Jefferson at my favorite local Chinese tea shop this afternoon. What an awesome way to recover from this morning's extremely hard workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Oh, very nice. I aim to get some GREAT tea when I head up to see my sister's doctoral graduation next week. It turns out one of the most famous tea shops in the country is located in her college town, she just told me a day or so ago.
    Very nice; I wish I had good tea shops near me. I am trying to gather some data to entice some local tea sellers into a better brand, though.

Since landing myself an office job around this time last year (an upgrade from retail ) I can consider doing good tea at my desk. It started with locally purchased Yamotoyama brand Houjicha and Heime brand Genmai Cha brewed using a tea ball and a mug, then progressed to thermos-packed tea infused at home, supplemented with these compressed pu-er squares I could also use in a tea-ball.

Today I have brought my sencha and my spare kyusu to the office as a part of taking it further. I'll be microwaving water and using a mug still, but eventually I'll get myself a decent electric kettle and some infuser mugs.

M.

PrimalCon New York
    Very nice; I wish I had good tea shops near me. I am trying to gather some data to entice some local tea sellers into a better brand, though.

Since landing myself an office job around this time last year (an upgrade from retail ) I can consider doing good tea at my desk. It started with locally purchased Yamotoyama brand Houjicha and Heime brand Genmai Cha brewed using a tea ball and a mug, then progressed to thermos-packed tea infused at home, supplemented with these compressed pu-er squares I could also use in a tea-ball.

Today I have brought my sencha and my spare kyusu to the office as a part of taking it further. I'll be microwaving water and using a mug still, but eventually I'll get myself a decent electric kettle and some infuser mugs.

M.
    The problem with microwaving water is that it is a very inaccurate method for getting the desired water temperature needed for your particular tea. Unfortunately. And it often makes the water taste "flat" as well.

I might more recommend an electric tea kettle. You can get one with actual temperature controls or you can simply get a "plug and boil" model. If you get the latter, let it hit a boil and then cool to your desired temperature.

This is recommended because Japanese greens are more fussy with their temperature range and need better quality water than most teas. The Japanese teas are picky like that in order to get the full taste.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast