Thread: Sourkraut and cider vinegar expert please! page

Waterlily is offline Senior Member

Sourkraut and cider vinegar expert please!

Shop Now
    I just bought my first sourkraut jar (wanted to try it before I attemp to make it myself) and had a suprise when I opened it: it bubbled and spilled over! Is that normal????

And, I got artisanal apple vinegar cider to help with healing my gut from gluten intolerance. Any idea how to take it?

All suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks!

dacec is offline Senior Member
    If the kraut smells fine, it should be. Sounds like it is a live variety (not heat processed) which is what you want.
    You can use ACV to dress your salads, or add some to your drinking water (filtered not tap). Personally I like to add a little raw honey to it as well.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If you're going to drink it, don't start with more than a teaspoon at a time. Some people really don't like the taste, but I love it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Sauerkraut is a fermented food, so it's not uncommon for the bacteria to form gas. It should be fine if it has been properly stored.

I usually mix an ounce of ACV with 4-6 oz water and some sweetener. Tastes delicious.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

suse1023 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    if you mix acv with honey and ice cold water you have switchel, an awesome thirst quencher which is a traditional farmers' beverage when making hay. haying is hot,dusty, nasty work, and a gallon of cold switchel is extremely appreciated before,during and after.
    I know people who add ginger and switch the honey with maple syrup, i'm a fan of the first concoction.