Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vit. B – the hunger vitamin? page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Vit. B – the hunger vitamin?

Shop Now
    Alright, I have noticed it before – food high in B–vitamins gives me hunger pangs! I have for sure experienced it from Brewers yeast, B-complex vitamins and also when I years ago got intra muscular B-complex due to low iron depots. Cereals, bread and corn are foods usually high in B vitamins also give many people hunger and cravings. And my last tryout, a synthetic B-complex gives me more hunger for sure, so what do you think, is it possible that it is vitamin B that makes people overeat due to creating hunger and cravings?

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I doubt it's the Vit. B. The foods you name are also HIGH in carbs, and that is what stimulates hunger because of the high insulin response that soon drops the blood sugar level too low.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I doubt it's the Vit. B. The foods you name are also HIGH in carbs, and that is what stimulates hunger because of the high insulin response that soon drops the blood sugar level too low.
    Except insulin doesn't stimulate hunger, it reduces it.

Glucose reduces hunger more than fat. People around here think fat is satiating because it's attached to protein and they confuse the two. Protein is satiating, not fat. Take steamed chicken breast and pork sausage. Place a pound of each on a plate. I guarantee you'll consume nearly double the calories from pork sausage even though it's loaded with fat while the chicken breast is nearly fat free. It's very hard to overconsume carbohydrate and protein unless it is loaded with fat (chicken wings vs chicken breast, boiled potatoes vs baked potatoes loaded with sour cream and butter, straight flour vs cake...which has more calories from fat than sugars, etc.)
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 04-26-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Zero carbs in synthetic B-complex and B-complex injections, and "only" around 50 % carbs in Brewers yeast! Those things gives me more hunger pangs than almost any other foods that I know, included pure sugar...

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it because the chicken breast it a bit dry and bland that it is hard to overeat?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    After eating yeast I'd sure need something to wash that nasty taste out of my mouth.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerangepiglings View Post
    Isn't it because the chicken breast it a bit dry and bland that it is hard to overeat?
    Chicken breast isn't dry. Its water content is on par with pretty much every other meat out there. Some people are bad cooks and overcook it, but that can be said about any meat. The driest meats I've ever had are overcooked cheap cuts of steak. Ever have well done london broil? Painfully bad.

Chicken breast is much more satisfying per calorie than fatty steak or pork because it's higher in protein with a similar water content.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Except insulin doesn't stimulate hunger, it reduces it.

Glucose reduces hunger more than fat. People around here think fat is satiating because it's attached to protein and they confuse the two. Protein is satiating, not fat. Take steamed chicken breast and pork sausage. Place a pound of each on a plate. I guarantee you'll consume nearly double the calories from pork sausage even though it's loaded with fat while the chicken breast is nearly fat free. It's very hard to overconsume carbohydrate and protein unless it is loaded with fat (chicken wings vs chicken breast, boiled potatoes vs baked potatoes loaded with sour cream and butter, straight flour vs cake...which has more calories from fat than sugars, etc.)
    i don't know what planet you live on... but it's not mine

are you an illegal immigrant from mars?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Zero carbs in synthetic B-complex and B-complex injections, and "only" around 50 % carbs in Brewers yeast! Those things gives me more hunger pangs than almost any other foods that I know, included pure sugar...
    None of those are food though .....

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i don't know what planet you live on... but it's not mine

are you an illegal immigrant from mars?

Hard to overeat protein and carbs? So the low fat craze that worked out so well right? Nah, I'm good with protein and fat for primary fuel with a bit of carbs for that "overdrive" speed when needed. Funny how things work out... thats about the proportions our bodies are made of and the proportions we tend to catabolize to when fasting! Sweet.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-26-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast