Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vit. B the hunger vitamin? page 3

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    It probably has a great collagen content. Ray Peat would approve. If you washed it down with sugared/salted OJ.
    I think Rich has a crush on Ray Peat. He brings him into EVERY conversation!

Yo, Rich - they have a forum for people like you... join the other Ray Peat pleasure seekers
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Chicken breast isn't dry. Its water content is on par with pretty much every other meat out there. Some people are bad cooks and overcook it, but that can be said about any meat. The driest meats I've ever had are overcooked cheap cuts of steak. Ever have well done london broil? Painfully bad.

Chicken breast is much more satisfying per calorie than fatty steak or pork because it's higher in protein with a similar water content.
    In your opinion......
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Fat is definitely what satiates me. If I have chicken breast with veges/salad I'm starving. Add fat and I'm sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if its different per individual. I have read research years ago that most Asians are satiated by high carbs quite quickly. My background is Northern European so it makes sense I'm a fat loving beast. Pass me the dairy please

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sroelofs View Post
    Fat is definitely what satiates me. If I have chicken breast with veges/salad I'm starving. Add fat and I'm sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if its different per individual. I have read research years ago that most Asians are satiated by high carbs quite quickly. My background is Northern European so it makes sense I'm a fat loving beast. Pass me the dairy please
    Me too. My system *needs* fat. I'd have to add butter to the veggies and have the chicken skin-on or it'd have to be fried or there would have to be cheese added somewhere. Fat makes me calmer and stops me craving refined carbs and sugar. My work mates got a pizza yesterday. I wanted it too but I put extra butter on my home cooked dinner and was able to resist the pizza.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Ever have well done london broil? Painfully bad.
    Choco, didn't you mention london broil in the crockpot in that other thread where the dude was calling you out? If so is that why you know firsthand about how it is so bad when it's cooked to "well done" :-P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123