Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vit. B the hunger vitamin? page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by freerangepiglings View Post
    Isn't it because the chicken breast it a bit dry and bland that it is hard to overeat?
    Yes....its like saying hey shoe leather is really hard to overeat.... its got very high satiety! Good diet food indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    .... The chicken breast I prepare is neeeever bland or dry! As chocotaco said, you must not know very skilled cooks. Brining, marinating, adequate spicing, and proper cooking temperatures/times will always result in amazingly delicious chicken breast. The only time I've had dry chicken is when I grill it for too long on an open flame.

Thats a lot of work to make something edible..... funny how all it takes is an open flame to make a steak taste fantastic but you gotta do backflips to make chicken breast edible. I bet you could do wonders with shoe leather too

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i don't know what planet you live on... but it's not mine

are you an illegal immigrant from mars?
    They actually did a study to see why Atkins diet worked and did a documentary on it. They found the biggest reason Atkins worked was people consumed less calories, even though they could eat what they wanted. They then went on to see what it was that filled up people. They found it was protein.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    I said my planet, not everybody's
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I find it hard to consider mixing up a few ingredients in a bowl, adding chicken, and refrigerating "a lot of work."

However, in my veg/vegan days I did have the skills to make tofu and seitan quite edible. So...maybe I could do wonders with shoe leather and feed it to you!
    It probably has a great collagen content. Ray Peat would approve. If you washed it down with sugared/salted OJ.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Thats a lot of work to make something edible..... funny how all it takes is an open flame to make a steak taste fantastic but you gotta do backflips to make chicken breast edible. I bet you could do wonders with shoe leather too
    How to make cold cooked chicken breasts edible: put them through the food processor with equal parts of kimchi and a large dollop of mayonnaise.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    It probably has a great collagen content. Ray Peat would approve. If you washed it down with sugared/salted OJ.
    I have a sneaky suspicion Ray is just a huge Jello fan and decided to dedicate his life to proving that its the perfect food source.

I find it hard to consider mixing up a few ingredients in a bowl, adding chicken, and refrigerating "a lot of work."

However, in my veg/vegan days I did have the skills to make tofu and seitan quite edible. So...maybe I could do wonders with shoe leather and feed it to you!
    heheh... hey eat what you love I say! I love chicken thighs with skin and all (gots to get my collagen ). Back in the day I did the 5day/week body builder split eating 6x/day with chicken breast accounting for most of those meals.... burned out to say the least. Now I'm high fat (for 3 years) and loving food and training just 2x/week. Definitely a to each their own situation.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    How to make cold cooked chicken breasts edible: put them through the food processor with equal parts of kimchi and a large dollop of mayonnaise.
    That does sound good..... love me some kimchi and mayo as flavoring agents. My wife makes homemade mayo at least once a week.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    None of those are food though .....
    ...And that's exactely my point! What's up with vitamin B, one or various from the B-complex that creates hunger or stimulates appetite and makes you want to eat more? I have seen studies on rodents, and if I remember correctly also some old studies on humans, where Brewers yeast makes rodents/humans gain weight, so I wonder if this is related to some of the B-vitamins? A possibilty is that the B-vitamins increase the metabolism, makes you spend more energy and because of that you get hungry faster! Here an article that alludes that as a possibility:

Why Do Vitamins Make You Hungry? | eHow.com

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Are you serious? All you gotta do with chicken breast is chop it up and throw it in a curry! Soaks up flavour and is waaay more succulent than beef cooked the same way.

Not that I eat chicken these days anyway. (Thanks a bunch, Peat )
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast