Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yin/Yang Theory page

fiercehunter is offline Banned

Yin/Yang Theory

Shop Now
    The idea that food choices can have an effect on your overall energy and approach to life isn't discussed much in dietary circles I've noticed. I found this amazing article about it yesterday:
    by Lawrence Wilson, MD

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for a good laugh, fiercehunter.

Quote Originally Posted by the woo people
    Physical symptoms. Medically, yin is often colder, less energetic, with slower metabolism, more prone to yeast, fungal disease, and some viruses rather than bacteria, and prone to parasitic organisms as well such as Lyme disease, intestinal parasites and others. Headaches, premenstrual tension, acne, tendon and ligament problems, yeast infections and other symptoms of copper overload are common. Cancer is also common. Adrenal insufficiency and adrenal burnout is very common.

Medically, yin also means the tissues are loose and often disintegrating or in disarray, the structure is weak, osteoporotic or tending to become this way, and the person tends to be weak, tired, depressed, anxious, cold, with low thyroid activity, low adrenal activity and often low hormone levels in general. One may also be anemic.

The person also is older than his or her age in terms of health, and more prone to all diseases for this reason. This is not quite the same as lower in vitality, although it often works out that way. Their bodies tend to be more delicate and sickly.

Full of older female minerals. Those who are too yin are often loaded with the older female minerals such as mercury and copper, primarily. Others may include boron, chlorine, fluorine, bromine, and some forms of biounavailable iron.

Their bodies desperately need the balance of the newer female elements such as iodine from kelp. This will tend to cause the elimination of the older female elements such as chlorine, bromine, fluorides, and boron. They also need better types of copper found in some animal quality foods, in general, and the gentle newer male elements – zinc, selenium and silicon.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Saw thread title, psychic powers told me at once who had posted.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    To try to bring this nonsense back to reality, I have read that there is an association between trans fat consumption and rage, and everyone knows about the clarity and what some people call euphoria that goes along with ketosis. That Chinese medicine stuff, while there is evidence that some of the herbs and treatments can work, should probably be thought of as a metaphor for actual physical processes, at best.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    For as "woo" as a lot of Chinese medicine seems to be with their justifications for doing things, they have a pretty long documented history of gentle changes to positively impact people's lives. A lot of the herbs, physical manipulation/massage, and food choices can have benefits for one group or another, but the underlying premises seem outlandish or backwards. It's a strange dichotomy, but there are results to a lot of it.

What I find even weirder is the use of modern technology to supplement this, specifically the use of electric current through acupuncture needles. I'm not sure why it is done, or what the benefit is, but I sure felt good afterwards.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    FH, "amazing" is a bit of a stretch. Any philosophy that defines the "male energy" (blazing white penis of strength) as positive, while defining the dark dank vaginal/female energy as negative is probably going to be a load of

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    FH, "amazing" is a bit of a stretch. Any philosophy that defines the "male energy" (blazing white penis of strength) as positive, while defining the dark dank vaginal/female energy as negative is probably going to be a load of

Hmm. I was gonna say the dark, mysterious female energy part was the only bit that made any sense at all

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I agree with JoanieL- the patriarchal traditional symbols and shit that mingle feminine, negative, degeneration and wetness into one unpleasant vaguery are pretty gay. My symbolic association mechanisms work the opposite- why would more dicks on screen ever be a good to me? Pass lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    If you are interested in an intelligent discussion of Chinese medicine, read Chris Kresser's stuff.

I am offended by sneering at any religious tradition. I am not comfortable with any of the organized religions but I would not sneer at them. Several people to add to my ignore list.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I like to fall back on TCM because of their hundreds/thousands of years of observing symptoms and trying to link them all together into one philosophy. Starting to get into it now, and it's been helping my health.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast