Thread: Anyone familiar with Melaleuca products? page

tomi is offline Senior Member

Anyone familiar with Melaleuca products?

Hey - our friends just signed up for this membership with Melaleuca - and they are "encouraging" us to do the same. We went to a meeting last night and heard the whole "look how wonderful our products are ........... oh and you can make this a money maker venture too" ............. ya ya - we don't buy into the selling part of it - and I know its a multi-level marketing thing - but what about the products????

From what I've read so far it seems to be a really good product. I want to know if anyone in MDA-land has any experience with it. Good/bad/indifferent?

We're thinking mainly of buying the cleaning products, the beauty products and the vitamins. The food products probably not since most are grain based - but my husband isn't primal, so he might want some of it.

What say you?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Its all overpriced, and one of the worst MLM companies I've ever experienced. Its a worse cult than amway. If I have to "join" anything to get the best price, you can count me out.

You can clean naturally for mere pennies using vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice and a few other products.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    I used Melaleuca products for at least a year or so. The thing that caused me to cancel my membership was the requirement to spend a certain amount per month. Between that and the shipping costs, it just wasn't worth it to me. I think the products were pretty good overall.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post

You can clean naturally for mere pennies using vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice and a few other products.
    I basically use vinegar, baking soda, lemons, tea tree oil, lavender essential oil, and a basic castile soap.

Also, melaluca is just tea tree oil added to the different cleansers which are basically just normal cleansers. so they aren't any more effective than others, really.
    Last edited by zoebird; 04-26-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Me and the wife used to be members. It started when some asshat that I work with invited me to lunch and said that he was buying. I thought it was because he had no friends and was very ugly and ridiculous, not a fuckin sales pitch.

We signed up to stop him from being sad and nagging and pleading, but we quit soon-after. Having to spend X amount of dollars a month is a stupid deal. The laundry stuff is really good though, and their mouthwash I liked. A lot of their products are pretty good. I don't really do the shopping though so I couldn't tell you about how it rates against other products' cost.

What a pain dealing with the cult people though.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

I am put off by the MLM deal also. I told them we would not be interested in trying to make a "business" out of it and were only interested in the products. They do have some good stuff - and we did sign up. Its an easy out if we don't like the products and we can get our membership fee refunded within the first 4 months. All their products have a 100% satisfaction promise. There is a minimum monthly purchase but it shouldn't be at all difficult for us to meet that - I require a lot of supplements so just the monthly vitamins will cover the minimum purchase.

Thanks for the input.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    if you are buying the vitamins to cover your minimum it is probably worth it. When I signed up I made it clear like 11224 times to my friend that I have no intention of being a pyramid-scheme kinda negotiator, and that any money you make is not worth how people come to perceive you, but him and his sponsor or whatever still nagged my constantly to get more customers. It was irritating as shit.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    the guy that signed us up is my husbands best friend - so I'm thinking we won't be "pushed" to do any recruiting.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation