Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eat Like Grok, Think Like a Peasant page 3

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    When people call it "news" to mean, "reports of what is happening," they are buying right into the bullshit. "Rectify the language" is Confucius's first counsel to rulers- The News is not for information. It is straight theatre that drippity drips hypno-triggers past critical thought through the manipulation of the communications to invoke and maintain requisite emotional states.

When I visit back home, my father is always always listening to some neo-con asshat blathering platitudes in the background; you can feel it in your belly just being in that audible immersion, the tones and pauses and unquestioned emotion-association masturbation tightens knots of hatred in the chakras until Savage or Rush and other sorcerors reach a climax in concluding with ego and group dynamic satisfaction that the enemy image is fit for sacrifice.

No one believes the news anymore. Anyone who says so just means, "I have thoroughly internalized that vocalizing opposition to ruling class hypnotic proscriptions is risky business, and I am so invested in this deception that I dare not question this neurological reflex deflection." Cowardice, not ignorance, is the modern condition. There is no reason anymore to waste a breath on education and the truth because it is evident in every environment.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    A friend of mine said years ago that the news is just another form of entertainment, some like politics and some like sitcoms. The difference is that when it comes to the news people get confused and think what they're hearing or watching is an objective account of events.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    How to Become Provincial:

1. Dig Hole.
    2. Stick Head in Sand.

What difference does it make if the news is true or not? Shouldn't you at least keep up with the Latest Lies?

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post

What difference does it make if the news is true or not? Shouldn't you at least keep up with the Latest Lies?
    Why bother?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123