Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm desperate for advice. page 7

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm not sure if you are trying to help me or criticise/put me down (no offence!)
    Nope. Not trying to put you down. I don't respond to a lot of threads (mostly just stick to my journal) so what I said might have come out wrong. Let me try again.

You've tried a lot of things, spent a lot on supplements, gotten tests at the doctor's, and you are still in the same position you were in before. Everyone, including me is giving you advice to try this or eliminate that.

But I'm just not sure you can rule out some of the causes that you have ruled out. The example I gave before was histamine intolerance. My question was whether you could rule out a histamine intolerance if you were eating a high histamine diet while taking that supplement.

The coconut thing, I should have been clearer. It's shredded coconut and coconut oil for the past few months. 2 years with the oil. The yoghurt is just a few days and I will never touch coconut milk again.

The histamine supplement was taken a long time ago, when I barley ate any coconut products at all.
    I wasn't trying to link coconuts and histamines. But I was asking the same question as before. Let's say you have a problem with coconut yogurt, coconut milk and coconut flour. If shredded coconuts make their way into a third of your meals in the last two weeks, how will you rule out whether shredded coconut is causing a problem?

Stress/depression? Not sure what you mean? I'm not stressed/depressed because I only work one day a week or stressed/depressed because I can only work one day and earn so much money? I think everyone worries about money, but in the context to what I earn, all the money I can spare goes on high quality food. If I can't afford food, I sell things I don't longer need. I'm generally happy that I don't have the 'corporate burnout' that most of my family have and I love not having to moan about my boring job. It's not my career and it pays the bills so I'm happy!
    Not trying to get into a pissing match with you about whether you are or aren't depressed/anxious. Part of the Primal message is that diet is only part of our health issues. Stress, sleep irregularities, family support, lack of play, being out in nature, all play a role and can have a confounding effect on what you are doing with your diet.

Something in your posts resonated with me enough to respond, maybe because i can remember being just as desperate over my own health problems. So good luck. Please check back in after your high fruit experiment. I'm curious to see if that will help.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimina View Post
    Nope. Not trying to put you down. I don't respond to a lot of threads (mostly just stick to my journal) so what I said might have come out wrong. Let me try again.

You've tried a lot of things, spent a lot on supplements, gotten tests at the doctor's, and you are still in the same position you were in before. Everyone, including me is giving you advice to try this or eliminate that.

But I'm just not sure you can rule out some of the causes that you have ruled out. The example I gave before was histamine intolerance. My question was whether you could rule out a histamine intolerance if you were eating a high histamine diet while taking that supplement.

I wasn't trying to link coconuts and histamines. But I was asking the same question as before. Let's say you have a problem with coconut yogurt, coconut milk and coconut flour. If shredded coconuts make their way into a third of your meals in the last two weeks, how will you rule out whether shredded coconut is causing a problem?

Not trying to get into a pissing match with you about whether you are or aren't depressed/anxious. Part of the Primal message is that diet is only part of our health issues. Stress, sleep irregularities, family support, lack of play, being out in nature, all play a role and can have a confounding effect on what you are doing with your diet.

Something in your posts resonated with me enough to respond, maybe because i can remember being just as desperate over my own health problems. So good luck. Please check back in after your high fruit experiment. I'm curious to see if that will help.
    Ahh journaling! That is my go-to place when I need to let something out. I write in it at least a few times an hour (Dayone App for the Mac.iPhone). I honestly think it;s the best application I've bought and I'd probably be must caught up if I didn't write it down.

I know, it does take a lot to finally admit that no matter how much of the good stuff I've been eating, my body still isn't responding to it very well. I can now see why a somewhat drastic shift in dietary choices may be wise. Further elimination is not helping.

Your paragraph about the primal message has really put a smile on my face. I'm so happy when the wether is finally good enough to sit outside in (here in England) and I love just sitting in the sun thinking about Malibu for some reason! (not the drink) I definitely feel isolated in my community, my home and my job. I can't relate to anyone as much as I can on here what this lifestyle is about. I told someone I haven't had McDonalds in 8 years and they really judged me! Whatever, I'm not here to people please 24/7 and don't care what people think about me. The coconut thing is more about the context they are consumed in. For example coconut flour is mixed with sweeteners and eggs and is very dense which doesn't work for me. Shredded coconut is mixed with fat and protein which is easier for me.

I can on most days feel that living at home isn't helping my health... That's more to do with the opposite views I have with my family. To me, my Father would be much 'happier' if I was in a 9-5 job I hated just to earn some money, because that's what he did from the age of 18 and still does. I don't think like that. What's the point of burning out on a job you hate just to get a pay check? (which is why I'm holding out for my dream career - I'm only 22 so people should realise that whilst I have a lot of youth left, I'm not simply dragging it out)

I'm s excited about this experiment! It seems like it will be much more relaxing that planning meals to the ingredient like I normally do.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    *hugs*

It's so sad to feel lost and so restrictive, and you're only 22! Crikey.

Never the popular opinion around here, but I'm going to agree with Zach. You're a young, slim, healthy young man with a moderately active lifestyle. You don't need to be low carb, and it might even be hurting you. You might see yourself pack on some desired pounds by increasing carbs because your body may be starving for energy. Fruit is not the enemy. :*(

I know you said fruit sometimes makes you sleepy. That seems strange to me, and maybe indicative of some underlying condition?

Re: adult acne, I get it on my chin and jawline too, and I know its because I tend to rest of my face on my hands a lot, even when I am trying not to! What has worked really well for me is baking soda and coconut oil. Sucks out all the dirt and leaves my skin baby butt smooth. :P

I know, I feel sad at times too but I try not to think about what my counterparts of the same age eat and do. (drinking, partying etc. which I have absolutely no interest in)

I think that taking advice from the 'Paleo Guru's' for someone as young as me isn't always a smart choice. They are 2-4 decades older and could have so many more unpleasant experiences from less wise choices which makes their recommendations very restrictive.

I've never been a part of typical society and never want to be. That's far wider context that just food.

I really do have a fear of fruit. I guess in some ways I'm orthorexic to put a label on it. It's just because with 8 years of mild acne, I've constantly understood that ALL sugar = acne. This simply is not true. I can also see why eating fibrous vegetable all the time isn't helping my gut.

The sleepy thing is perhaps the breakdown of fructose? It's not from all fruits, mainly bananas and Apples.

I've tried so many products and nothing has really worked. The next option is african black soap as someone on here suggested. I never knew it contained coconut oil which is a debatable product topically when treating acne. But what do I have to loose?

I'm going to stick to different food choices for a while before trying new skincare, or else I won't know which is helping.

Thanks for your post.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I've recently tried coconut yoghurt and that was a big no for me. Coconut flour is also a bad item for me. I only now use coconut oil and occasionally shredded unsweetened coconut.
    I also saw in your diet that you are eating some kind of coconut bar as well. You might want to cut out all coconut products for a week and see how you feel. Some folks are really sensitive to it, even coconut oil. Although I have no issues with the oil, but have huge issues with all other coconut product, you may be sensitive to all of it. Worth a try.

Wanted to add that even fresh, raw coconut meat and shredded dried coconut does the same thing, gas and bloating.

My advice, eliminate ALL of the coconut product. See how you feel.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    I would quit masturbating for 1-2 months. And no, this isnt a joke, dead serious.

Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    I would quit masturbating for 1-2 months. And no, this isnt a joke, dead serious.

WHAAAAAAAT?!?!

for jawline acne? yep been there lol!

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    for jawline acne? yep been there lol!
    For the bloating, fatigue, eye circles and any unexplained hypothyroid like symptoms as well.

Quote Originally Posted by codered5 View Post
    For the bloating, fatigue, eye circles and any unexplained hypothyroid like symptoms as well.
    When I first went Paleo, the sexual desire dropped drastically and I read that reduced carb intakes reduces the libido... I abstained for about 5 weeks, not thinking anything of it but acne was still present. I didn't have the bloating at that time from what I remember.

I also don't ejaculate that often, certainly no more than once a week. TMI I know

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast